Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my 848 for over a year and have put on over 11,000 miles. I love it.

The other day my bike was in the shop and they let me take their demo GT1000 out for a test ride.

Wow how nice it is to sit up and just enjoy the ride. So different than the attitude I usually have when on my 848.

So now it looks like this weekend might be the day bike number 2 comes home with me.

I am wondering which one I will ride more

Its funny I am really excited about this bike.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My buddy has a 748 and a Monster for the same reason. He still loves his 748 but calls it "the torture rack."

Strangely enough, he is faster on his monster...

·
Registered
985 Posts
Good call!

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just picked it up, and had a nice ride down PCH

Very smooth, and a nice comfortable ride, very relaxing way to finish up the day.

The other funny thing is that I have no real desire to modify it, it is what it is. I dont even want to know how much I have spent on my 848 to get it to where I am happy.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Congrats on your GT, EIGHTfortyEIGHT! I've found my GT to be the most comfortable bike I've owned.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Man that was quick, a demo ride and out the door...Welcome to the family, glad you found a nice one to take home --- which color did you get?

Oh, and you will modify, just accept that fact.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had been eying it up for a couple of months. It is an 09 and its black. The guys at Spectrum were great and made the discission easy. Its all stock, but next to the white 848 it really looks good.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have twice the miles on my GT as my 1098. The SBK's are really cool and everything, but that GT is just awesome. Maybe Im getting old, but I really like the way it drives, especially the way it handles, and the power delivery of that awesome air cooled motor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts