·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple things make me happy..... like a new Rizoma clutch setup!! Woo hoooo

·
Registered
210 Posts
Let me be the first to say that your bike is big pimpin!

love the new clutch, all of your CF goodies and your decal!

In fact the more I see it the more I want a 999 now instead of an 848 or M1100....

·
Registered
315 Posts
05 749 r? where did you get those carbon heel guards, those look great. how bout some pics of the cockpit

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
And Trenman drops a bomb on the Duc.ms community, for the WIN.

Where have you been hiding this beauty?!? Love what you have done with it! :cool:

Please, please...tell me the "Ducati" in the side panel is unpainted carbon fiber...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Such strong positive feedback! Thank you all for your supportive comments. I won't elaborate on the excessive accessorizing and customizing that I've done to my 06 749s until tomorrow when I can post more pics and give the ms community the real walk through! The best part is that I have more unopened boxes to go (most feel like there's nothing in them- if you catch my drift). If I wasn't at work I'd post more pics this moment. Until tomorrow, good evening an happy 4th! High res pics to follow.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a cf timing belt cover for ages but sadly I cannot figure out how to get the stock cover off. There just isn't the clearence. I feel like I may need to remove the tank and seat somehow. This might be beyond me sadly.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yep the tank and seat have to come off and the cover will come out of the top. The new one also have to come from the top as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As promised, here are some high res pics.

This bike is a 2006 749s with FULL carbon panels from the nose to tail, all fairings and tank. There is a custom paintjob on every carbon panel with exposed, unpainted carbon exposed so you can see that it IS a carbon panel. All available accessories that can be carbon are. There is a timing belt cover that I have that is the only carbon piece that is uninstalled.

In the cockpit I have carbon intakes along with preload adjusters and new grips.

I custom made a new logo because after the fairings were painted, there were none on the bike, which made it look quite naked. I though a new font would be fun. I included the italian flag in the word Testastretta.

If you look carefully you can see an example of the areas that I left unpainted in the carbon. ZOOM IN... these are 10MPs

Of course a power commander...

Full Remus exhaust system. You can also see the custom, hand drawn pinstriping that goes from front to rear...

And Cycle Cat Rearsets amongst other things.... Hope you all enjoyed my ride!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sadly I never even saw it. Ferracci got it in, had the bike and did the job. It would have been cool to see the unfinished panels though!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts