Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike back today, much improved...

No more of that mid corner seesaw before getting back on the power...no more high speed wobbles as you change gear (no need for a steering damper) and better on the brakes. It also likes to turn, made me realise how much I was compensating for the stock set up in corners. Now it just tracks and can get on the gas much earlier.

I will post the full details later.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, this is what they said.

Springs too soft...rebound adjustment inadequate, too much compression. The adjusters make little difference. The bike was like a see saw because of the forks. Ohlins unit is pretty ok at the rear. The also felt that the travel was too extensive.

What they did
SAE 5 oil
new maxton gp25 cartridge
harder springs 0.85kg/mm
airgap 110mm
spring length reduced by i think 10mm (will check)
Total cost under £450 inc VAT

They basically said that the externals were good quality but the internals were rubbish.

It certainly handles a lot better with a lot of what we put down to HM 'character' removed. It's immediately quicker round corners cos you dont have to wait for it to settle, plus it turns faster and the front doesn;t kick out on turns. Just wait till I get new tyres :)

Now I can work on a proper setting.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ok, this is what they said.

Springs too soft...rebound adjustment inadequate, too much compression. The adjusters make little difference. The bike was like a see saw because of the forks. Ohlins unit is pretty ok at the rear. The also felt that the travel was too extensive.

What they did
SAE 5 oil
new maxton gp25 cartridge
harder springs 0.85kg/mm
airgap 110mm
spring length reduced by i think 10mm (will check)
Total cost under £450 inc VAT

They basically said that the externals were good quality but the internals were rubbish.

It certainly handles a lot better with a lot of what we put down to HM 'character' removed. It's immediately quicker round corners cos you dont have to wait for it to settle, plus it turns faster and the front doesn;t kick out on turns. Just wait till I get new tyres :)

Now I can work on a proper setting.
Glad you have got it sorted, If they put harder springs in, what do you weigh?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about 15 and a half stone in old money

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Would that be the weight of the king's stardard cobble stone as laid in a London back alley in the 1500's ?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Would that be the weight of the king's stardard cobble stone as laid in a London back alley in the 1500's ?
nope ... that would be the weight of one of the king's kidney stones back in the 1500's. the king was one sore mf after he passed them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do i know...I live in a twilight world of metric and imperial measures :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts