Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just changed my front and rear springs to a heavier spring and it has made a huge difference to the ride. It feels like the bike should. Im 100kg and found that the back would bottom out when i was in hard corners. Now it just works. Got them from Dan Kyle (the Guru), just sent him my weight and he worked out what one to use.

The DES works better now with the preload be able to back off with the touring settings.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have just changed my front and rear springs to a heavier spring and it has made a huge difference to the ride. It feels like the bike should. Im 100kg and found that the back would bottom out when i was in hard corners. Now it just works. Got them from Dan Kyle (the Guru), just sent him my weight and he worked out what one to use.

The DES works better now with the preload be able to back off with the touring settings.
Just curious what you mean by the back bottoming out in hard corners. Don't get me wrong I'm not implying you are wrong, I just never experienced this. Most likely due to the fact I've never hit a corner so hard may back end hit the bottom of the spring. I'm similar if slightly larger in weight 107.95kg.

What scenarios allow for you to experience that?

Cheers on your purchase!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its more when you deep into a corner and the road has a bump in it. The rear because it is almost fully loaded has no where to go. so it then upsets the bike. When your suspension is set up correctly your still have a bit up you sleeve to adsorb the extra bumps.
I feel that the springs are too soft to start with. I know its a touring bike but still.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If I,m cranked over and hit a biggest bump the kat box will ground out before the rear suspension runs out of travel. Just bought a racetech 9.4kg rear to see if this will settle things. They have rear springs available from 9kg to over 10kg per mm for our bikes.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Fast Bike Industries in Hendersonville, NC put in an "095-31" for my 211 lbs. He also put in Ohlins internals in the stock Sachs. Very successful addition....now gotta figure out the front Marzocchi. The bike is fine as long as the road is smooth, but when upset by a bump it waggles (north Georgia technical term :) ) and tries to right itself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts