Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from San Francisco, CA. Just joined the forum, as I'm currently shopping to get a used Ducati Monster. In the past, I've ridden a YZF-600 for years, so this would be my first Ducati. It wouldn't be for commute, but rather for scenic rides all around California (and maybe beyond).

Out of curiosity, is there a part of the forum for asking beginner questions regarding buying a first Ducati? The one I'm looking at is a sweet 2016 821 Monster, but the mileage feels a bit high at 15k. Is that something I should worry about, or it's totally fine? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Interesting. I have a YZF600R myself, and my wife has a Monster 620. If the maintenance has been done on the Monster, and the price is right, I wouldn’t be terribly put off by a higher mileage bike. I would get one that has been ridden versus one that has sat. For some reason, Ducatis work better when they’re used. When they’re not, stuff goes wrong.

Incidentally, I have 74,500 miles on my little YZF. The past weekend, I went on a little 300 mile tour in the Ozarks. Great fun! I see no reason a well maintained Ducati can’t do this kind of mileage or more. Phil Bouncer had a Monster 900 (air cooled) with more than 250k miles before it was taken out by a minivan.

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms. We are super happy to have you here. :) I would not be afraid of a higher mile Ducati, my ST4s has about 33K miles and still runs excellent.

If you currently have a bike of any type and aren't doing anything this weekend you might consider rolling up to Fort Bragg for our annual event: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/11-duca...05-2018-west-coast-meetup-june-15th-17th.html

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts