Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Cr and I'm looking to upgrade my forks. I know I can go the superbike route, or upgrade to the sp's... what other option do I have?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I plan to do the superbike conversion to my wifes CR. What I did to her '98 was to change the springs and switch the oil as well as install new seals. That was a BIG improvement over the stock forks. I will likely sell those for a small sum.

The way we plan to mod the superbike forks is to turn the upper dia. of the forks so that the stock top triple and clip-ons will work. I think that will be the way to do those. With new springs, a Penske kit and the reduced diameter tops, it should be a very clean install. This bike will be the guinea pig for the service we would like to offer.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Hey Rick,

What do you plan to do for the axle/wheel, calipers and speedo drive on that conversion?

Scott

·
Registered
722 Posts
Why? Do you have any? ;)

I need another axle and speedo drive for a 748, I think that will work (or for a 99 900ie) The Superbike forks from a 98 and before will work with the stock calipers. I plan to change the bearings in the wheels. So far, all of this is smart talk. I will keep track of details as the work happens.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
No, just have been thinking about doing the front end on my CR for a while and was hoping to gain some knowledge from someone knowledgable. :D I wish I could just find some showa forks off a pre 98 SP so I could have them rebuilt :mad:

Scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
900duc said:
No, just have been thinking about doing the front end on my CR for a while and was hoping to gain some knowledge from someone knowledgable. :D I wish I could just find some showa forks off a pre 98 SP so I could have them rebuilt :mad:

Scott

Same here!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts