Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any advice regarding what forks I should put on my Superlight? Originals got 'lost'. Might not be able to recover them. What are my options now that I'm forkless.

Thanks, in advance.:)

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
i would just find the same complete set up, from any other donor bike (non-sl) and replace the guts with race-tech. There are no numbers to match on the forks for an sl.

·
Registered
80 Posts
+1 on the Racetech internals; definitely worth it (spings to suit your weight and gold valves). Did the upgrade myself last winter and i'm very happy with it.

I'd look for SL/SP forks (adjustable, will fit without problems) or 916/996/998 forks (also adjustable, need to be made to fit though). Pay attention to caliper mounting points (older versions have 40mm bolt-to-bolt distance, more recent forks 65mm).

This might be a nice opportunity to change brake calipers to P4 34/34 calipers (65mm) to replace your stock P4 30/34 calipers (40mm mount).

Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks, guys. Any ideas where one could find a donor for the adj Showas? Who does the Racetech mod?

Do the brake calipers really make that much difference on the street? Mine brakes pretty well.

S

·
Registered
80 Posts
- Forks: have a look at Ebay.
- Them 34/34 calipers are supposed to make quite a difference (although I haven't tried it myself yet).
- Racetech internals: it's not that hard to do it yourself. Did mine a couple of months ago. Complete refurbishment with new RT springs, RT goldvalves, seals, bushes, oil. Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ss forks

I have a set 95' non adjustable forks with racetech springs I'd sell for $200. Also have a set of 95' ss sp Showa adjustable forks for $4oo. Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts