Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a nicely machined and HEAVILY KNURLED black footpeg that would fit the SF? I assume any 1098 or 1198 replacement would work on our bikes.
If not, can someone measure the length of the standard footpeg and tell me what the throat opening width and pin diameter is on the mount so I can check some options.
Thanks in advance guys!

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I know you are looking for black but I ordered the 1098R foot pegs. I think they will fit. If not, I will have some really expensive christmas tree ornaments!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Freezerburn, are they Ducati Performance parts???

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
We put these Giles on our demo, seem to be easier to get at and great grip!

to also reflect the questions above,

bolt on or modded? if it was bolt on what model bike did you buy the 'gilles tooling footpeg adapter" for? I have found them available online but nothing is listed for recent model bikes.

·
Bon Vivant
11,431 Posts
Thanks for the website zvez,

But last year, Ducati Seattle held a preview party for the streetfighter and I went out there to have a look.
Dave and his crew went out of their way to accommodate us and show us around his shop. I was one of the first
(non-Ducati employee) to sit on the SF in North America!

I'd really like to show how much I appreciate that by being a customer whenever possible.

Ducati Seattle is a really great shop that is owned and run by a true enthusiast that cares about his customers. I'd like to be loyal to that :D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shift-tech, thanks.... we need a really grippy foot peg but some adjustment would be great also. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I know what you mean but to be honest with you it's not so easy. You make something with lot's of grooves and then I get emails like- don't like the cut of them, they look to rough, they scratch my shoes, the anodizing did wear, ect. ect, know what I mean;).
So if they are very smooth then I am told they are to smooth......

So they will be just in the middle to hopefully please everybody.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am also in business for myself so I understand exactly! dam customers!
Anything you do will be appreciated.

·
Ducati Designs
1,125 Posts
Yes, I have the adapter bases (both adjustable 8-positions and non-adjustable) in stock for 848/1098/SF, just not yet listed on the website. If you drop me a note after ordering for the MTS, I'll get the right parts in the box.

Ciao!

pg
DD

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rear Brake Lever

Any chance of a wider (further from the bike) brake pedal so I don't have to go searching, especially if there are wider pegs?

I also have a problem that if my right foot is too far back, I miss the brake. If it is a little too far forward, then I press beyond the peg (the lever portion) and it has no effect.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts