Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I like it. Small and clean, thanks for the heads up.

Go Manchester United! :D

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I hope it fits with Gerhart's guage lowering brackets :rolleyes: time will tell, I'll keep you posted.
Good point, as I have them too I look forward to hearing about this. Include pics please, when you do this.:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I should have mine in a few days. I've been looking for one for a while and was almost to the point of saying screw it and picking up the monster one to make it fit. Glad I checked one last time! I don't have the lowering brackets though, so my quick review will only work for the stock high gauge folks.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
We are dealers for DART windscreens here in the USA.

If there is any interest, we can create a group buy and save everyone a little money..

I'm getting one for our project bike.

-M

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nice.

I believe that Gerhart's gauge relocation will work OK with this screen.
The two little blocks are moving the gauge cluster 3/4-inch closer to the ride while tilting the top of the cluster forward. I think that give-and-take it should not interfere much, if at all.

And you can always elongate the screen's mounting hole a tad with a Dremel if it's an issue...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Looks like the national flyscreen a bit, which comes in a short like I have intalled and one a bit taller. I like the simple mount using the headlight bolt, and it it gives infinite adjustment so no issue with the instrument cluster. Some people have removed the chrome badge on the front for a less bling install.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Doesn't look worth the price of ownership to me. More style than function?

·
Registered
238 Posts
fly type screens

Doesn't look worth the price of ownership to me. More style than function?
They work great I run a slightly larger one on long hauls 200 KLM's, and a monster one around town they are both mint! wouldn't be without one, the first photo has fresh bugs from the last 2 days to Bunbury and back about 500 KLM's, they both take all the wind off your chest and the bigger one you can "tuck under at speed" BUY ONE NOW;)

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
They work great I run a slightly larger one on long hauls 200 KLM's, and a monster one around town they are both mint! wouldn't be without one, the first photo has fresh bugs from the last 2 days to Bunbury and back about 500 KLM's, they both take all the wind off your chest and the bigger one you can "tuck under at speed" BUY ONE NOW;)
The 3 screens in your pics are all larger than the OP pic. So yes they would work functionally as does mine and it keeps all the bugs off the clocks.

Just seems like less for more to me?

Did check and National matches the price for basically the same screenin the OP. Everything keeps going up so you do get less for more.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
The shorter small screens look very manx style and are cool but will only keep the bugs off your gauges. I have a short "bikini fairing" on my Triumph TBS and it makes only a little difference, but I likely the look.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Wooot it arrived in time for weekend :D
chef - I'm curious if it'll actually deflect the wind or just bugs off your guages as some guys have suggested. I realize any screen's effectiveness against the wind depends on rider height, torso length etc., so this 6', medium torsoed guy would love to hear your impressions!

·
I am Hailwood!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok installation complete, took around 20 mins which included getting most of the tools and components back from my one year old about 4 times :rolleyes:

Gauge lowerer's had to be removed due to the alignment of the brackets which I though may happen, That's the way it goes though. :cool:

More here

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Chefsolid/DartFlyscreen?feat=directlink

I'll be popping out for a ride shortly so i'll post some feedback on how it feels on the move later.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll be very curious to get your impressions of the trade-off with the screen and the lower brackets - I would like a little relief from the wind - but I don't think I could live (any more) without the lowered gauges.

·
I am Hailwood!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok time for an update, All my riding has been low speed and local since the installation however today I got some time to myself and did a side my side comparison of the bike with and without the flyscreen... WOW.

Flyscreen on.

Took the bike up the Motorway faster than I have previously and whilst it was windy out there it didn't seem to be that bad compared with how I remembered it was previously, quick loop and back back to the shed.

Flyscreen off.

Back onto the motorway and at around 90mph my helmet is being rammed into my face by the air stream, I don't remember it being this bad but I think it just goes to show how much the fly screen was helping.

Summary.

If I'll be keeping the screen on for any distance work I do, low speed there is no noticable difference but wind the bike up and damn does it make a difference.

Nice work Dart.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts