Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

New exhaust system for the Multistrada.

7K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  idleidolidyll 
#1 ·
I wanted to post this and find out what you guys think of this system. Its the new X-box from Quat-D. Let me know, Thanks.

See less See more
#6 ·
When someone sits on the bike, it looks like a gap would open up between the box and the swingarm. That certainly wouldn't help appearances IMHO.
Doesn't do much for conceived ground clearance either. Not that you may ever need it...

#7 ·
+1 to everything above... kinda really neat, and kinda... well, yeah,industrial. I love bikes w/o side pipes (including the Multi's undertail exhaust), so this works well as an alternative. but it looks, unfinished or something.

Great direction to go in; perhaps keep going with development?

Oh, and don't hesitate to send a kit to Chester, MD for beta testing. I'll take it to NC next month and see what it's really like.

#8 ·
my concerns are how will that heat right there from the Xbox affect the tire in traffic?...how is the clearance to the underside drain plug?....and do they or are they willing to create something of a plastic fill in for the obvious relocation of the tailites up into the hole where the exhaust was?...otherwise...pretty cool!

#10 ·
vduc said:
I like the idea, not 100% on the appearance, and say questions as above. Maybe some phat exhaust opening would improve it. What's the projected $ amount?
if I had to guess Vito...based on the one for the Monster...probably close to a grand....but it is a complete exhaust system!

#11 ·
Zoom is probably right. It should be about $950 for the full system.
The Monster guys love it. The sound is very deep (but not too loud), makes good power and it makes the Monsters, BMW and MotoGuzzi very narrow. On the Multistrada, it does not makes it narrower but it looks lighter on the top for some reason. It certainly is different.

We should see some of these systems for the MTS in a few weeks. They just finished the first run.

#13 ·
Ex Box

System available for the Monster for sometime now, the Quat-D Ex Box system. Just over $950, looks identical. No one who has had it has had complaints about it clearance wise.

There was a 10lb weight reduction from the stock system on a Monster.

As I do not yet have this system on mine I can not give you much further information on it.

#14 ·
kentamcolin said:
I would actually be interested in something like this for my ST4s. It would eliminate the problem of cornering clearance with the relatively low side pipes.
A combination of M1000 muffler and head pipes from the the S4R system should fit an ST4S with some modification...that would be interesting...

If you are interested, I will ask QuatD about putting something together for you... I'd really like to see that on a ST...

#15 ·
One of the worst problems with the 1200 MTS is that the stock Cat can dig in at the leading edge when cornering (usually 2 up). This has twice nearly thrown me down the road so I've fitted the Leo Vince mid pipe and their carbon muffler.

If that system doesnt have the same problem as the stock item, then I reckon, with nice belly pan covering it, that this is a very nice pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.