Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

As some of you may be aware, I have been on the path of designing exhaust hanger brackets that are independent to the rider/pillion footpegs for our Sport-Classic Biposto's.
This will enable us all to install aftermarket rearsets while still supporting the heavy standard or Termi cans.

I am in the middle of the design process of the adjustable rearsets with removable pillion pegs as well but I thought I might get some feed back on the shape of the brackets.

The top and bottom mounts are sussed but it's just the style i'm not sure of.
* Thin straight from top to bottom.
* Thin bent.
* Wider straight with slots.
* Wider bent with slots.
* H/T steel black pasivated plating.
* Brushed 316 stailess steel.

The brackets shown are brushed stainless but i'm thinking maybe black pasivated steel would look less obvious.

In keeping with my design philosophy, there will be no mods to the bike or any of the components removed.

Any thoughts.

Greg.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the 3rd picture. The black slotted style. Very nice BTW! I cant wait to see how this turns out........

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the black one. I think it's a great idea. I like them! Then, you have to put a rearset. Does it work any rearset of another ducati model?

Borja

·
Registered
705 Posts
I like the wider bent model with the slots. The third pic with the black coloring looks great. I am assuming that pictures 2 and 3 are the same hanger just one in each color.

Your really killing my wallet with this. I already bought the TMSD, have considered trading my TPO intakes for yours and now this. I need a second job:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Black slotted fer sure.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
In the drawing, I prefer the first style best, as it has a less-pronounced bend which is lower on the bracket, making it appear smaller. In terms of color and style, I agree that black and slotted is the way to go.

Good luck with this!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
In the drawing, I prefer the first style best, as it has a less-pronounced bend which is lower on the bracket, making it appear smaller. In terms of color and style, I agree that black and slotted is the way to go.

Good luck with this!
+1 From an '06 owner.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I think I prefer the black slotted ones,its difficult to judge whether the wide or narrow ones would be more pleasing from just a couple of pics as this is such a '3d' sort of judgement.

If I may offer a subjective opinion though, there is something visually unsatisfying about the bracket running down the middle of the shock, it looks odd to me. I do remember another bracket done by someone on this site , on that one the top mount projected backwards a little meaning the vertical support element ran down the rear edge of the shocks (if that makes sense), but this again may be just an illusion of static photos.
Sorry, I do visuals as a job and cant help it.:):eek::)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow these looks great! I really like image 3, with the slotted angled bracket in black. Will they be steel or aluminum? Make a set that match the black color of the original hangers and I'm interested. A nice set of rearsets and it will be amazing. Then all I would need is a mono seat.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like the brackets, but would replace the nut in pic6 with a spacer (if possible). I think it would look better.

Nice job, as always!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
go black - it blends better. style (slotting, width, etc.) is going to be a tough one as everyone has a different eye for it, but i agree that getting it beside the shock instead of in front of it would help.

as always, your execution and attention to details are gorgeous.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm leaning towards the black slotted personally... do agree with above though, be nice if it didn't run against the shock. Don't know it that's possible considering the position of the termi bracket though :eek:

Killer work yet again Waspy :D

·
Registered
737 Posts
In time for Christmas? :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts