Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull my 749 back out for spring so I need to re-visit my problems from last fall. I had put a new ECU on back in sept. it was a DP termi ecu. Bike runs great for about 15 min then starts to sputter and stalls if i don't keep the revs about 3k. If i shut it off and let it sit for about 5min its fine again for about the same amout of time seems like its running too rich and flooding. My dealer had mentioned a TPS and throttle body adjustment after the new ecu which i had not done. Only thing throwing me for a loop now is that i read a thread recently about US spec ECU vs Euro, which mine happens to be a EURO ecu. Could this continue to be a problem even after i have the adjustments made?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
sounds like you need to get the trim and tps done to start with.no use diagnosing problems untill your basics are right

·
Registered
724 Posts
Start with the basics first. Make sure the tune-up is correct meaning: TPS adjusted, TB's in sync, fuel mixture set correctly, clean fuel filter, spark plugs, etc....

If it still has issues after all that then you'll have "most" questions answered.

Don't under estimate the basic's.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have a Termi and racing ECU on my 749. Had all the same problems (very rich running) you are having. I tried everything, including TPS reset, Power Commander with a standard map, and even taking the race ECU out.
Ended up getting a custom map done by (Power Commander Race ECU) Rob's Dyno Service... Completly new bike !!! No issues at all. The best running of all my Ducati's.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish i had the option of going back to the original ecu, unfortunately that was cooked. While i was taking it out i noticed the ground on the mount wasn't on so i absolutely made sure I put it back on with my new ecu. Thanks for the input now i can call the dealer with an idea and find out the damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts