Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some history...

I've been riding bikes for the last 30 years, starting with a PeeWee 80, then various other trail bikes while growing up on a farm. Once I was old enough to get my bike licence, I bought a 1981 Kawasaki 250B. It was a piece of crap but got me from A to B. Not long after that I upgraded to a Suzuki RG250rw which was a brilliant bike. It's the bike that got me into enjoying road riding. That thing handled so well.

Since then, I've had a '87 GSXR750, '90 GSXR1100, '95 ZXR750, 2003 GSXR1000, and now the 2008 Ducati 1098. I nearly bought a 1998 Ducati 996 instead of the '03 GSXR1000, but the price difference put me off at the time.

So here I am, finally owning and loving a Ducati! I've been wanting one since I first saw my dads mate back in 1986 pull up on a 750f1. It was my birthday so I remember that day clearly! I remember getting lifted up onto the seat and leaning forward to reach the bars. I even remember the smell and the heat. That's when I knew I would have a Ducati one day!

Anyway. That's enough of a history lesson on my riding experience and hardware.

I look forward to contributing to what I can already see is a great community. I've already picked up a few important tips. I'll be trying the grease on the clutch trick this weekend as it's definitely not as smooth as I'd like at the moment.

-Dan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts