Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! First time Ducati owner here- 2014 MST 1200S GT

I bought the motorcycle used. It has a full Termi exhaust on it, but no ECU Race replash was done. Nothing comes up on the screen to say "Racing"" when I start it up. I am not sure what the previous owner has done to it or what updates and/or fuel remapping was done. This is my first Ducati so I have been reading up on different topics.

I can tell the bike is not running at optimal performance. The low rpms are very jerky and bucking during around town riding. The throttle is very snatchy.

I have been reading up on ECU reflash and Dynotunning. What is your advice on the next steps I can take? Go with a Power Commander and take the bike to get it tuned. Eliminate the o2 and closed loop function?

Excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject, but I would like to get some ideas on what the next steps I can take.

Thank you!

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
I'd probably take it into your dealer to see exactly which ECU is in it, and go from there. If it has the full exhaust system, that kit includes the race ECU and other bits, which should improve your fueling. Sure it doesn't have a slip on can and not full system?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
2014 would use the "Up-Map" key, it looks like a usb key fob, not a Race Ecu or Reflash. The mapping on my 2013 is pretty good with the full Termi and Up-Map.

There may be some other issue causing your problems or maybe it is not installed.

t_bare

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2014 would use the "Up-Map" key, it looks like a usb key fob, not a Race Ecu or Reflash. The mapping on my 2013 is pretty good with the full Termi and Up-Map.

There may be some other issue causing your problems or maybe it is not installed.

t_bare
I am taking to a dealer this weekend. When I purchased the bike(used), I never received the Up Map key with it. Is this something I can purchase separate now?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ask the dealer, if installed and if available. If not or cost is ridiculous consider RapidBike or TuneBoy.

t_bare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts