Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Hey Patrick congrats on the Multi, a truly wonderous motorcycle. You can find the exaust on ebay for $1,500 with the upmap. If we get together I can explain the process I went thru to install exaust, upmap (by dealer) without getting your warranty voided.
PS I'm not sure how my Multi pic is in the title...

·
Registered
387 Posts
I’m not teaching this weekend, the three of us should get together this weekend and do a ride.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I’m not teaching this weekend, the three of us should get together this weekend and do a ride.
Can't do weekend for now but I'm game for late afternoon (after work) rides.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
109 Posts

I went with the Akrapovic GP slip on and the Akrapovic GP header. For fuel management I installed a RapidBike Evo. In my opinion, the Akra looks way better (and sounds better) than the Termi.

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
31 Posts
View attachment 990316

I went with the Akrapovic GP slip on and the Akrapovic GP header. For fuel management I installed a RapidBike Evo. In my opinion, the Akra looks way better (and sounds better) than the Termi.
Nice setup! Am looking for something similar for my 1260 GT and can’t make up my mind between Akrapovic and Termi. You took the CAT out also, from what I can see in the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking good! Any sound clips? Maybe with and without the db killer? :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
@vonzips
I'm more interested in the decibel volume.
How loud or quiet is it?
To do so, we require a base-line standard such as SAE J2825.
Using the SAE J2825 methodology: the decibels are measured at an angle of 45°, same height and 20 inches from the exhaust. Idle and 2000 rpm (for a twin) and preferably in an area without resonance.

For example, a stock 1260 Pikes Peak obtained the following reading with my Radio Shack Decibel Meter:
87 db at idle
About 90db at 2000 rpm.

No sound meter? No worries, there's many sound meter apps available for both Android and iPhone.
Decibel X app is as close to my sound meter with only a little calibration ie +2 db required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the club! The PP is my dream bike and I almost had one, but settled for a 2019 1260s with full termi :) I’m in the Palm Springs area definitely regret not pulling the trigger on the PP. The termi system is very loud

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Looking good! Any sound clips? Maybe with and without the db killer? :)

This is with no dB killer (obviously). It’s loud. Probably similar to full Termi loud. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice! I have Akra headers + Termi end can on mine, and it's loud but the tone is what I dislike, it's very "raspy". I've now switched to stock end can on the Akra headers and it's slightly better, looking to change with a full Akra setup, seems to have a lower tone / more bass

How much of an impact does the dB killer have?

·
Premium Member
12,254 Posts
The difference is less ear ringing after a ride depending on how long and how spirited the ride.
And how nice you are to any sensitive neighbours.
Interesting point I removed my stock can and hardly noticed very little difference with no can!
Db killer or not is a nice option to have.
A question to the OP, have you stopped smiling yet?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Here's a little story about Ducati warrany if you care to know..

I had a brand spanking new 2010 streetfighter s, few months later i decided to do the exhaust mod, when i unbolted the exhaust hanger on the right side i noticed that the welded frame bracket had a crack in the snotty weld.
I spoke to my dealer and he told me not to get my hopes up.
He, then after that myself contacted DNA, DNA told me that just bc i unbolted that hanger the warranty was voided.
I called Ducati in Italy and they looked into it then they called me to tell me the same thing, you voided the warranty by unbolting that tab.
Of course my dealer could have backed me up but as a good dealer he didn't and that my friends is how ducati will shove your warranty up your 'culo'.
I could have gotten a lawyer but what it cost for that would have quadrupled the amount it costed me to fix it.
P.S. when you make a claim make sure all your ducks are in a row as they say.
Cheers!
Congratulations on the PP by the way, my only choice since 2012.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Nice! I have Akra headers + Termi end can on mine, and it's loud but the tone is what I dislike, it's very "raspy". I've now switched to stock end can on the Akra headers and it's slightly better, looking to change with a full Akra setup, seems to have a lower tone / more bass

How much of an impact does the dB killer have?
In all honesty, the db killer is still in the plastic. My current Multi doesn’t get the street miles like previous bikes I’ve owned (bc life), but it does get 4 or 5 track days a year where I ride it as hard as I can. For that matter, since it’s not being started everyday and I fire it up when people are typically awake, I’m not too worried about the neighbors.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts

Here’s a short cold start video. I need to do one with some revs, too. Db killer not installed.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts