Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and wonder of wonders, it only works with the 1260. The marketing copy alludes to the possibility that it will come to more bikes, but I'm not holding my breath. In typical Ducati fashion, I've noticed in playing with the app that even in the first couple of setup screens, they left some of the instructions still in Italian.

I'd probably just be happy if they fixed the 1200 Link app. With each new version of iOS, the display and functionality gets a little wonkier.

The App Ducati Link is already available for everyone; its bike-to-phone data sharing functionality is currently limited to the Multistrada 1260 S, but this is just the beginning!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I just want them to fix the Bluetooth on the bike..... I wonder if its just as useless on the 1260?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want them to fix the Bluetooth on the bike..... I wonder if its just as useless on the 1260?
I had, at least as far as I knew, the Bluetooth on the bike working fine with my Sena and iPhone. But I never really grasped why I'd want the middleman in that scenario. Pairing the Sena directly to the iPhone seems like the much more straightforward option.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Don't know if it's better, but it's not great. Between an Android phone and a Sena SRL, I have everything working fine, except for volume controls. The unfortunate problem is that you lose so much functionality by having the DMS system in the middle, it's really not worth it. Having the bike in the loop, the Sena unit basically becomes a pair of headphones; since it can no longer communicate with the phone directly, you're limited to either functions that are inherent to the headset itself (volume control), or those which the DMS system permits. Want to skip back a track on your playlist? Not possible. Voice commands to the phone also don't work.

It's basically a solution in search of a problem.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked them if they are working on bringing this app to the 1200 DVT or at least updating the 1200 Link app and got this:

Ducati said:
Dear Porkrind, we are working on it. Stay tuned in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Provide feature parity for marketing purposes. Without a four-way thumb switch to operate the system, it's just too cumbersome to be truly useful. Even if it worked perfectly, it wouldn't work well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have absolutely no problems with bluetooth with my android and cardo smartpack connected to the bike as a middle man. Voice commands work just fine skipping tracks volume everything is fine. It might be a sena thing since you guys all seem to have a sena. The link app is a total pos tho.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have absolutely no problems with bluetooth with my android and cardo smartpack connected to the bike as a middle man. Voice commands work just fine skipping tracks volume everything is fine. It might be a sena thing since you guys all seem to have a sena. The link app is a total pos tho.
I second this. It works great with my Uclear headset and IPhone X.

Reactions: Ironcobra

·
Registered
576 Posts
Are you using the voice commands on your headset, or on your phone? If it's Siri/Alexa/etc, IMO that's not really a point in the DMS favor; it's more about what your phone can do, than the DMS.

When I've got the Sena SRL paired to the bike, no command that I issue to the SRL makes it to the phone, via Sena voice commands or manual input. For instance, I can't use the buttons on the SRL to change tracks. Is that not the case with your configuration?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are you using the voice commands on your headset, or on your phone? If it's Siri/Alexa/etc, IMO that's not really a point in the DMS favor; it's more about what your phone can do, than the DMS.

When I've got the Sena SRL paired to the bike, no command that I issue to the SRL makes it to the phone, via Sena voice commands or manual input. For instance, I can't use the buttons on the SRL to change tracks. Is that not the case with your configuration?
"Okay google" is what i use after hitting the correct button to initiate this on my cardo. I can use any function on my headset or my handlebar control. Volume will not work on my handle bar controls when I have dynamic mesh enabled when im chatting in a group but everything else works.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thank you, it sounds like us Sena owners need to put some pressure on Sena to sort this out. I figured it was the DMS causing this problem, sounds like it might actually be the Sena unit. If I could use the buttons on my SRL and the handlebar controls, I'd think the whole setup was about perfect.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Thank you, it sounds like us Sena owners need to put some pressure on Sena to sort this out. I figured it was the DMS causing this problem, sounds like it might actually be the Sena unit. If I could use the buttons on my SRL and the handlebar controls, I'd think the whole setup was about perfect.
The Sena 30k is basically a huge piece of shit right now... so Sena has plenty of work getting their 'flagship' product ready for prime time... a year after release.

Reactions: Fearless

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Is anyone that is using the Link App able to figure out how to change the measurements to Imperial from Metric?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I like the fact the song tracks show on the dash when the phone is connected. I wonder if you can just connect the phone to the bike to show that information and have the headset connected to the phone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the fact the song tracks show on the dash when the phone is connected. I wonder if you can just connect the phone to the bike to show that information and have the headset connected to the phone?
You can connect that way, but song tracks won’t show up. Incoming calls will show up. This is with an iPhone. Also if you connect your headset to the phone first and start playing music before the bike is started it stops the music, takes two pushes on the Sena jog dial to restart the music.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts