Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished up having a missing season on a 2006 s2r 800 monster , but the bike felt like it was lacking power and too soft in the front end, so i sold it and now have move on to a superbike 749, questions are this , can expect this to be as trouble freen as my s2r was? i put 11000kms on that bad baoy with no issues, also has anyone done any touring on a 749? what seat did you choose? what bags work? thanks

steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow i guess my lack of posts, and being a noob dosent warrant any replies?

·
Registered
228 Posts
wow i guess my lack of posts, and being a noob dosent warrant any replies?
Its not that, we just have better things to do. jk....

Sargent is the most common seat to get. Anything is better than the cardboard padding that comes on the bike. The only thing about putting bags on a 749/999 is the tail section craking at the rear mounting tabs. Superbikes don't make the best touring bike, so buy a nice set of clip-ons along with that seat.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i've had no probs with the stock seat (stock pegs and bars too),and usually just take a back pack.luggage on a superbikes a tough deal.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.....

Get a double bubble windscreen, some taller clipons (I have FBF), adjustable rearsets, and a nice tank bag. I also use a Ogio NoDrag Backpack sometimes but try to avoid using it on long hauls (over 200miles) because my back and shoulders really ache after riding. The fatigue factor really sets in after 3 or 4 hours of riding with a back pack on.

Now, post some pics! Congrats on the bike! :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a double bubble from a 748 in dark smoke I'll sell cheap. I put it on a didn't like I with maybe 5 miles on it. I'm too tall in the body.

·
Registered
923 Posts
also has anyone done any touring on a 749? what seat did you choose? what bags work? thanks
shoulda kept the monster. :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the big Tourmaster Cortech magnetic tankbags. They work great and you can lay on them when you're going down a long straight stretch. I don't need the bigger windscreen but get higher clip-ons. I have Ferracci and they're okay enough.

You can tour on it but unless you have canyons or mountains to go through, you won't be having much fun. You'll just be getting there. It would never ever be even kinda called a bike to tour on (unless you're on twisty roads)

I have the stock seat with no problems. (except for it getting hot on a warm day)

I've been trouble free for many years since I got the stalling issue fixed.

Keep up on the service part.

If I told you how much I like the bike, you'd think I was exaggerating.

·
Registered
923 Posts
i drove it 2 days on completely flat roads to get to the twisties....i now own a trailer to haul it. and my next purchase is a monster to go with the SBK.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
If your 749 is a biposto you should be able to put a dry bag on the pillion, no? I've toured with a 998 using that method. I've also done a 500 mi. day on my Bayliss 998 using a backpack filled with camping gear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts