Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys been riding for about 50 years,but not on a Ducati. I found a nice low mileage 6000, 96 900 monster. Of course it's mileage means it's ready for the valve adjustment. Is this a deal breaker, I'm handy but no Ducati mechanic what do you think, thanks.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
6,000 km or miles it is close to new in terms of distance travelled.
BTW - this should be in the Monster forum, not Superbikes.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I've been riding for about 50 years, got my first ducati last july, a 2009 1100 monster. I adjusted my valves myself. It's doable. You just gotta do your homework. Study up. Watch youtube videos. Read posts on various forums, there's thousands of them. If I can do it anybody can! After you do it once you'll realize it's not really that big of a deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, that's what I was hoping too hear. As I said no dealer around so I'll be on my own. By the way do you like your bike, worth the extra maintenance? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Yep, I love it. It's my lifetime fave bike-out of 20-30 or so. It is higher maintenance but worth it in my opinion. Best looking bike I've ever owned too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts