1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
yeah...I got a link to share with you....

http://blog.ducati.com/post/31/desmosedici-rr

from the head mouth right now outta the company....
herefore, the article on the front page of MCN from April 5, 2006 is mistaken in saying that we will produce "an economic" version for mass production. This counts as a real “bufala" (bufala in Italian literally means buffalo but it is used colloquially to mean a mistake) and does not correspond to our actual plans for the bike. This is not the first time that the news on the cover of MCN is lacking in a factual basis. For example, just take a look at the MCN article that supposedly anticipates a new version of the 999 - this is just a cut and paste combining the 999, 916 and Desmosedici and absolutely was not designed by us. I would like to use this opportunity to set things straight giving you the real facts about the bike.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very cool!

that's what I wanted to know.

I know that MCN in the past has been pretty optimistic....to say the least...lol

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
JDuc said:
notice in the website addy link you have for this the sectional title of "rumors"....and to top it off..it looks like they are using Raptors and Rockets as their source.....not anything official....now mind you...I like Tor Sagan and his site alot and enjoy some of the things he puts up to read....but he is as much of an authority on this as anyone else who is not an employee of Ducati.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know - I'm fully aware that it's simply a rumor.

I'm posting it for the sake of posting it....

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
JDuc said:
I know - I'm fully aware that it's simply a rumor.

I'm posting it for the sake of posting it....
okay....thats cool....as long as you weren't building a case on all the rumors....just moreso compiling them....I am cool with that.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's it...

I've come to be of the mind set, that until I see it in person, or on company web sites, etc. It's not real...

the fact that a company exec says that it will or will not happen, honnestly doesn't mean jack to me....they always have their reasons for trying to cover things...or hide things with smoke and mirrors....lol

·
Administrator
6,135 Posts
That is exactly why I built my OWN Desmosidici!

Besides, they won't put the Marlboro graphics on it!

LOL!
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts