Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member of this forum since 2007 (as a poseur without a mount), then got the first bike in early 2009 (a Hypermotard S), but it took me a while to find my second Ducati. I tried to go the BMW route, with a K1200RS (capable, but boring), then tried to see if I was a dual sport guy (not enough trails nearby for the trusty Husky Terra 650), and even went for looks over function (MV Agusta). But.....eventually.....I went back to the bike that impressed me most visually when I was a young man. It was so different from the other bikes of the era. It looked like a supercar with the full fairings and that huge rectangular headlight.

I am now an owner of a 1991 907i.e. Paso. I got it from a person who did.... essentially..... a nut and bolt restoration. There are some non-stock parts on it (rear sets from Sato, black powder-coated wheels, levers, grips, etc), but the bike is in great shape, and it looks, runs and sounds like it was made custom for me.

I could not be more pleased or fortunate. This morning my daughter forgot something for school and called me begging to fetch it for her. This would normally be a life teaching "responsibility" moment, so I said "not likely, dear", at first. But it just happened that my 9am meeting got cancelled. This gave me an opportunity to truly test my new acquisition and also be superdad! I took some windy roads to get there and had one of the nicest morning rides ever. Daughter got her delivery.
What a machine! The sound, the look, and I finally own something different (always my MO with cars). I am looking forward to early morning breakast at Alice's (before the squids wake up from their hangovers), rides to work, or even showing the bike at the Quail Motorcycle Show.

Ride safe and here is a pic from the garage at work (the gloves are left thrown on the seat as a challenge for anyone to find a better looking bike!).

Attachments

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.
The 907 got the 17 inch wheels from the factory.
Motorcycle Specs
No issues with handling, very easy to flick into a corner.

Wow. That thing looks practically brand new aside from the modifications. Does it still have the 16" wheels?

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is right. The 906 was thus afflicted. The 907 was the first one to correct this flaw with the 17 inch front wheel. It is a similar story with cars. Pontiac did not get the Fiero right until the last year, where it had the refined V6, nice fastback styling, and....it no longer caught fire (at least not as often). But by then...it was too late.
I am still pouring over the records, but this bike was well looked after. I got a lot of spare parts, too.

That's a big plus. I remember some Pasos had 16" wheels and don't remember which.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I also just picked up a nice black 1992 907IE to add to the garage. I wanted one for years and last week at the Sunday gathering two guys were selling theirs so jumped on the black one.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I also just picked up a nice black 1992 907IE to add to the garage. I wanted one for years and last week at the Sunday gathering two guys were selling theirs so jumped on the black one.
Hmmmm, interesting. I was under the impression that black '92 907's were somewhat rare - like maybe 50 imported to the US that year. Having owned one once then selling it to a collector in Florida, your response has me intrigued as to your bike's lineage.

Some pics of mine:
At the top of Monarch Pass in CO:

On a group ride with some buds, photo taken at the country store in Deckers, CO:

Here's a photo taken by its new owner/collector who put it on static display in his office building:

And this is me when I think about a sweet bike I never should have sold:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts