Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I find the stock seat is OK - 2500 miles over a couple of days with no problem. This new seat should be a butthole dream - Blackie - let us know how much "feel" it removes when cornering......

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It feels like velvet really. Perhaps i should ride it in the knack ???

Butthole Dream.......WTF...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Ha ha! just an expression. Lots of bike seats (at least to me) give me grief in that area. I tried a sheepskin but it really made little difference (don't get weird ideas). The stock seat is about as good as I have felt - look forward to your ride report.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
my girl gave me headaces about the new passengers seat the other day...have to see it on the bike first to see how it looks before i order...now that i think of it it will only be on when we go for a ride together so it doesnt matter how it looks as long as it "works"
anyone tested the new passengers seat? :p

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
the cover looks like it was crocheted an old lady...:eek:...must be the camera...

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
What was the part number for that one??

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had the DP seat on my SF for a few months now - Along with the Rizoma bars the perfect investment/change. The standard seat doesn't allow me to move much and pushed me forward too much for my liking. The DP seat allows me to move around - and it has a ton of grip - meaning I don't slide around on it.

Question Blackie - is that two-tone original or did you decide to redo that as well?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ordered the same seat for mine.. Wondered how it would look. Hoping it will be in after xmas as well.

Thanks for posting pics. This is the new one in the accesories catalogue.

:D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had the DP seat on my SF for a few months now - Along with the Rizoma bars the perfect investment/change. The standard seat doesn't allow me to move much and pushed me forward too much for my liking. The DP seat allows me to move around - and it has a ton of grip - meaning I don't slide around on it.

Question Blackie - is that two-tone original or did you decide to redo that as well?

Nope thats how it came . Its the new one out of the 2010 catalogue that desmo posted on the site last week.
The black is more like a velvet material & the grey is a harder plastic type material.
Will have to see how it holds up with my fat arse on it...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nope thats how it came . Its the new one out of the 2010 catalogue that desmo posted on the site last week.
The black is more like a velvet material & the grey is a harder plastic type material.
Will have to see how it holds up with my fat arse on it...
I like it - the "older" version that I have doesn't have the two different fabrics - nor does it have the seam between them. It's one sheet of the velvet like material. The drawback of the old is that it wrinkles a bit as it doesn't have the seam... I assume the seat itself - aside from the cover - is the same. Would be curious to compare the two.

·
Bon Vivant
11,229 Posts
I like it - the "older" version that I have doesn't have the two different fabrics - nor does it have the seam between them. It's one sheet of the velvet like material. The drawback of the old is that it wrinkles a bit as it doesn't have the seam... I assume the seat itself - aside from the cover - is the same. Would be curious to compare the two.
I will have both when my new one comes. I'll let you know, I'm hoping that the new seat is a bit softer.
One of them will be for sale once I decide which one to keep.
But I gotta say, right now I like the look of solid black.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I will have both when my new one comes. I'll let you know, I'm hoping that the new seat is a bit softer.
One of them will be for sale once I decide which one to keep.
But I gotta say, right now I like the look of solid black.
got dibs

1 - 20 of 46 Posts