Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I have a 2008 1100 Hyper S. I broke the dash so I have bought a new one.
I'm now pulling my hair out.
I only have one key for my bike. Lost the spare.
If I simply turn on the key, the dash says key 1 and counts down from 30 to 1 fast.

I've read to program the code on the card I have, I have to put the key in and hold the toggle switch in A position (forward) and turn on the ignition.

I only get two options in the menu though..
Unit and Indic

I can't work out why I am not getting the pro and exvl menu options

Anyone that can help me solve this will be my hero.

I have the DP Racing cams computer with underseat termis

·
Registered
136 Posts
If I simply turn on the key, the dash says key 1 and counts down from 30 to 1 fast.
That indicates that the programmin mode is on. It was the same thing when I picket my bike few weeks ago from dealer after they changed the dash. The programming of the keys was unfinshed. Her is what it says in the service manual:

It is possible to store only 2 keys.

Insert KEY 1 (one of the two black keys) and turn it from Off to On;
turn key to Off within 3 seconds;
within 15 seconds, insert KEY 2 (the other black key) and turn it from Off to On;
turn key to Off within 3 seconds;
within 15 seconds, insert again KEY X (either Key 1 or Key 2, it does not matter) and turn it from Off to On.

That solved the problem for me.
I don't know if you can finish the programming procedure with just one key.:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking you may be onto something there. Just got a key. can't wait to get home and try it out. Will post the result.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sir, are a legend. Thank you thank you thank you !!!!!
My bike is running again.
If you ever find yourself in Melbourne Australia, you have yourself a hyper to ride around on, any time.

Cheers buddy

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you ever find yourself in Melbourne Australia, you have yourself a hyper to ride around on, any time.

Cheers buddy
You're welcome. I'll keep that in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts