Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a great deal on a XD4 on eBay that the guy had literally worn once. The only problem is that is was plain WHITE. I did some research and ran across DB Customs and spoke to Steve Braus, the owner. Gave him a few ideas of things I liked but told him to go for it. I think he knocked it out of the park. Not a nicer, and more professional guy out there. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! At first pass you could take it for just another factory Arai design but if you look close it has the old school Ducati logo and that checkerboard has a carbon fiber finish to it. Also, you can see where Steve chromed the stripe at the top. Looks simple enough but adding in the pearl and kandy coat, he has some serious hours into this. Not as easy as it looks to get that checkerboard look right given the curves of the helmet. I think he did an amazing job. If any of you were thinking to do something custom, I would highly recommend Steve. If you PM, would be more than happy to give his contact info. He is on the web though and has galleries of a bunch of his work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, that is wild. He is good for sure!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Awesome work
I'm thinking have him do some carbon side fairings to match the helmet ....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Very nice! I had a custom painted helmet done once myself. I have the Arai XD currently as well, got mainly for my KLX but I wear on the Hyper as well and the lack of good graphics was a letdown with the otherwise great helmet.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
watching the sausage get made

Artist sent me pic of 'work in process'. Gives you an idea of the insane amount of work for something so simple.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts