Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys...

i bought my bike salvaged from the original owner.
the 748 is currently yellow... the scratches are THAT bad, but their bad enough to repaint a whole side.
at this point in time i wanna see what you guys think. change color to something different? BLUE? Black? white? im not interested in selling my gear for new gear as well. i wear a white and black dainese santa monica, and a black helmet. im not really a RED person like ducati is to red. more over i can stay yellow.

i dug some of these pics off the net

·
Registered
395 Posts
I like black myself. The previous owner did it up in black with red lettering and it looks sharp. The grills were out of the tail when I bought it so I stripped them down and painted them red to match the lettering. Looks good IMHO.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My vote

In 1996 there was a special edition Corvette I have never forgotten, because of the paint. The picture doesn't do it justice. The blue is awsweme. Imagine the mono tail with the typical white section against the blue. Nice!

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's a sharp color scheme. I guy I ride with just put some RC51 fairings on his Superhawk and I suggested a paint scheme similar to that.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Black and navy blue both look great with the bronze frame. get silver trimmed decals which set against either one is a sharp contrast.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anything BUT yellow! If you're willing to take a chance Porsche had some really bold colors back in the early 70's.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I'll be re-doing mine again soon...this was the last paint scheme I went with...thinking of switching to the white and red like above, but with a pearl white of course.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's a sharp color scheme. I guy I ride with just put some RC51 fairings on his Superhawk and I suggested a paint scheme similar to that.
Hmm. Your actually in Corvette city. Is there a museum there? I grew up in a Corvette household. I have been tossing around ideas for places to take my father on a trip. He is retiring soon and I want to do something for him.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hmm. Your actually in Corvette city. Is there a museum there? I grew up in a Corvette household. I have been tossing around ideas for places to take my father on a trip. He is retiring soon and I want to do something for him.
Correct. Every Corvette starting with the C4 has been made here. Yes, there is a museum and it'll be celebrating its 15th anniversary this weekend. This place will be wall to wall Vettes by the end of the week. We actually have two big events a year; Corvette weekend and Corvette homecoming. I can't remember which is which, but if you are going to bring him you should definitely try to time it to coincide with one of the two. You can also take a tour of the assembly plant as well as the Holley facility while you're here.

Bowling Green is a decent place if you're a gear head. We play host to; Buick Grand Nationals, Harley Drags, NMRA finals, Good Guys nostalgia drags, NHRA street car shootout and a ton of others.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Correct. Every Corvette starting with the C4 has been made here. Yes, there is a museum and it'll be celebrating its 15th anniversary this weekend. This place will be wall to wall Vettes by the end of the week. We actually have two big events a year; Corvette weekend and Corvette homecoming. I can't remember which is which, but if you are going to bring him you should definitely try to time it to coincide with one of the two. You can also take a tour of the assembly plant as well as the Holley facility while you're here.

Bowling Green is a decent place if you're a gear head. We play host to; Buick Grand Nationals, Harley Drags, NMRA finals, Good Guys nostalgia drags, NHRA street car shootout and a ton of others.
I have added a note to my Outlook. I thank you very much for that tip!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have added a note to my Outlook. I thank you very much for that tip!
No problem. And if you decide to bring the bike give me a shout. There are some decent rides around here.

Sorry about the thread jack Quicksilver :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
If I was going to paint a Ducati in a non-Ducati color, it would be Ferrari dark/candy red >>>>>

I think a superbike in Paul Smart Silver/Teal would look cool too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts