Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ST2.
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just installed a new clutch kit from Newfren and I'm having an issue.
When I'm gear and I pull the clutch, the bike wants to roll forward. I can stop it with my feet and brake though.
I rode the bike for around 5 miles so far. Any idea how long this break in takes? I feel pretty confident in my install but I'm open to suggestions.
Yes I have bled the clutch btw.
This is a 99 ST2 (944) Running the Ducati clutch Carrier and everything so it's not modified here.
I am running all steels and frictions from the kit as the supplier told me to do and says this is what they run in their st2s.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
It may be that you have to adjust the plunger screw at the lever. I had to do this as I had the opposite to you, a clutch that would not engage. Some chat around the web that you should never do this but I had no choice. I would say a quarter turn a t a time though

·
Registered
120 Posts
Check your stack height - as well as clutch push rod length for wear.

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
What kind of condition is the basket and hub in ? Did the plates move freely before you installed the pressure plate ? You always need to get the stack height correct before installing. Too short= slips, too tall= won’t release. After new clutch installation you should bleed the clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts