Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just replace my clutch pack with a new Barnett one. The current pack had 16 disks. The Barnett came with 18 disks.

16 disks wasn't enough to engage drive. 18 disks was too thick. I pulled the last friction plate out and everything seemed to work fine. Just a short drive to confirm.

So now I have 2 solid disks on both sides of the pack. Anyone think this will cause me a problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've confirmed I don't need all 18 disks. I've also gotten a recommendation to put a friction plate in first (i.e. the quite clutch fix). I quite like the dry clutch sound so that's not for me.

I took the bike out for a longer ride today. Everything seems fine, but I did get a bit of binding/vibration in the clutch lever when pulling off in 1st on a hill. Flat or downhill doesn't do this, but uphill does. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
who recommended to do a friction plate first?? That seems like it'd eat up a clutch basket specially if you have an alum. one

Chris

I've confirmed I don't need all 18 disks. I've also gotten a recommendation to put a friction plate in first (i.e. the quite clutch fix). I quite like the dry clutch sound so that's not for me.

I took the bike out for a longer ride today. Everything seems fine, but I did get a bit of binding/vibration in the clutch lever when pulling off in 1st on a hill. Flat or downhill doesn't do this, but uphill does. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a thread on another multi forum that details it. It is a referral back to an now defunct Wolfie's post. Seems like many have done it if they don't love the dry clutch sound. No evidence of damage. Logic is that much of the sound is the two first spacers getting chewed up by the basket.

I don't have enough clutch logic to know if that's correct or not.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a mod thread on another forum. Sounds like many have tried it without issue. It says to source a used friction plate, so it would be more like a spacer. I prefer the dry clutch sound.

Perhaps removing one of the first two spacers (solid discs) would be a better option than removing the last friction plate??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts