Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered a Schuberth C4 and their (Scala's) SC1 communication kit, to replace my aging Schuberth C3 Pro.

really loved my C3 Pro ... but REALLY hated the Schuberth SRC, as it had a shitty user interface, was only supported/upgradable by windows systems ... and generally sucked balls. i hated the Schuberth SRC so much that i gave it away, and upgraded to a Cardo PackTalk Bold.

so, i have my fingers crossed that the Schuberth SC1 communication system is a LOT better than the Schuberth SRC. shit, two tin cans with string between them would be better than the Schuberth SRC was.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
update on the Schuberth C4 helmet ...

the C4 and the SC1 communication system arrived last Saturday ... have gotten three rides in with the new helmet and comm system so far.

initial impressions:
the C4 seems to be a higher quality product from my previous C3 Pro ... purely subjective on my part ... but the fit and finish and quality of the materials seem higher.

the fit is tighter, as i went from an XL to an L, as the C4 has a more oval shape to it ... and allows a smaller size for my head shape. the tightness is arising from the cheek pads, which i know from experience with previous Schuberth helmets, will open up a little with time/wearing the helmet.

the C4 is quieter than the C3 Pro, IMHO ... might be due to the new design face shield ... or the tighter fit ... not sure, but i appreciate it.

the SC1 will take some getting use to, as I had a Cardo Packtalk Bold on my C3 Pro, after getting tired of the Sena SRC ... and the Cardo Packtalk Bold really spoiled me with features it has that the SC1 does not (a simple one that is sadly missed is the ability to simply say "Hey Siri" and my iphone 8 would respond. with the SC1 from Sena, i need to press the "+" button on the back left side of the helmet, to use Siri. i know ... first world problems ... so i have a Sena RC4 remote on order, which will at least make it much easier to press the damn "+" button ;-)

so, all in all, i like the new C4 a lot ... oh, it's also considerably lighter in weight than the C3 Pro ... supposedly due to the smarter construction method Schuberth employs to construct the shell ... they say it's like the opening scene in Westworld, where they "print" the hosts ;-)

updates later on, as the new helmet cheek pads wear in a bit, providing a better / more comfortable fit.

and finally, the post-sales support/tech support from Schuberth USA is awesome! i have called them in the past for questions on my C3 Pro and the SRC ... they are friendly and knowledgable, and always provide great support ... bravi to them!

ciao a presto,
johnc

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Schuberth C4 and SC1 received ... awesome!

just received my new Schuberth C4 helmet and the Sena SC1 communication system.

the C4 and the SC1 communication system arrived last Saturday ... have gotten three rides in with the new helmet and comm system so far.

initial impressions:
the C4 seems to be a higher quality product from my previous C3 Pro ... purely subjective on my part ... but the fit and finish and quality of the materials seem higher.

the fit on this new C4 is tighter than the C3 Pro. i went from an XL to an L, as the C4 has a more oval shape to it ... and allows a smaller size for my head shape. the tightness is arising from the cheek pads, which i know from experience with previous Schuberth helmets, will open up a little with time/wearing the helmet.

the C4 is quieter than the C3 Pro, IMHO ... might be due to the new design face shield ... or the tighter fit ... not sure, but i appreciate it.

the SC1 will take some getting use to, as I had a Cardo Packtalk Bold on my C3 Pro, after getting tired of the Sena SRC ... and the Cardo Packtalk Bold really spoiled me with features it has that the SC1 does not (a simple one that is sadly missed is the ability to simply say "Hey Siri" and my iphone 8 would respond. with the SC1 from Sena, i need to press the "+" button on the back left side of the helmet, to use Siri. i know ... first world problems ... so i have a Sena RC4 remote on order, which will at least make it much easier to press the damn "+" button ;-)

so, all in all, i like the new C4 a lot ... oh, it's also considerably lighter in weight than the C3 Pro ... supposedly due to the smarter construction method Schuberth employs to construct the shell ... they say it's like the opening scene in Westworld, where they "print" the hosts ;-)

updates later on, as the new helmet cheek pads wear in a bit, providing a better / more comfortable fit.

and finally, the post-sales support/tech support from Schuberth USA is awesome! i have called them in the past for questions on my C3 Pro and the SRC ... they are friendly and knowledgable, and always provide great support ... bravi to them!

ciao a presto,
johnc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts