Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

581 - 592 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah I think this go round I'm going to take it apart and repair the broken solder points. Every other new bike I've ever owned has had a working fuel gauge. This bike has been through 4 of them. Ducati should have been embarrassed enough to voluntarily recall these senders since it's my biggest gripe with the Bike and it's a shame I even have anything to complain about on such a fantastic machine.
I'm 100% with you.
I've mentioned before in the forum about how ridiculous it sounds, a premium 25K bike that can't get the fuel gauge right for the past 10 years..... all that while the competition DOESN'T have the problem! I also wonder how come a class action lawsuit was never filled to force them to fix it or replace for free even for bikes outside the warranty, since is a known issue.

Reactions: Chzbox

·
Registered
330 Posts
And btw, apparently they don't read the forum and couldn't care less about our (their customers) opinion

Reactions: Chzbox

·
Registered
14 Posts
I contacted them directly and expressed my disappointment they can see it's been replaced 4 times in the life of the bike and they say it's my problem and will be my expense 4 sensors 11k miles and 6 years. Sounds like ducatis problem to me but screw it. I'll spend my time and my expertise to make it right so I can enjoy my bike. All bikes have their quirks though if I get this worked out maybe I'll have many worry free years of fun and joy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hahaha u funny 😆 🤣

Reactions: WagsMcP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get one of those fuel bypass connector from ebay and be done with hustling with useless dealer trips. Those Ducati fuel sensors will fail period, they will never every work. How many times do we have to post our disappointment 😢
This is what I ended up doing. I just reset the trip meter and start looking for gas stations ones i hit 120 miles. seems way easier than the cost and time of replacing the fuel sensors every year or so.

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is what I ended up doing. I just reset the trip meter and start looking for gas stations ones i hit 120 miles. seems way easier than the cost and time of replacing the fuel sensors every year or so.
Yep, have that bypas for two years now, I check my mileage just to before I take off..... no more sensor bullshit of failing anytime..

Reactions: nbsafety

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Similar here so far. Custom-trimmed black tape, so I don't have to look at flashing lights, and reset the trip odo on fill-ups. AND I carry a 1.5 Liter fuel bottle. I usually go 180 or so miles before filling. But I have used the bottle about 4 times now!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Have asked this before: why is Ducati the only motorcycle manufacturer that suffers with this? Is it really that difficult to get it right? All others have it right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i was already taking the tank off for the air filter, so i installed the newest version of the sensor, curious how long it will last. Saving my bypass plug in the saddlebag just in case.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Funny... cars have a spare tire, Ducati a spare bypass :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: nbsafety
581 - 592 of 592 Posts