Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

561 - 569 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
On one of my searches i remember coming across a solution that worked and hopefully someone here will be able to pull it up bc i can't seem to do it again.
The guy took apart the sliding float and was able to diagnose the issue, the float does absorbs fuel and after a while the flloat drenched drops to the bottom, he was able to fix it by drilling a hole in the unit, hope this will trigger someone else to look for and maybe revive that thread.
If you do please link it as i will if i do.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
There it is

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quick question, are you SURE it's the range and not the instant MPG display? Also, what year? Also, does the fuel gauge show empty at the same time?

On my 2016, the instant MPG display goes to dashes ( "--" ) when stopped (since you're not moving, MPG is zero).
Since it only does it at idle (when your MPG is zero), I tend to suspect that may be normal behavior.
[/QUgaug
Quick question, are you SURE it's the range and not the instant MPG display? Also, what year? Also, does the fuel gauge show empty at the same time?

On my 2016, the instant MPG display goes to dashes ( "--" ) when stopped (since you're not moving, MPG is zero).
Since it only does it at idle (when your MPG is zero), I tend to suspect that may be normal behavior.
gauge shows full. the range showed around 225 and when i came to a stop it started to drop in 10 mile increments. when i started to go again to went back up

·
Registered
115 Posts
What year, and how long since you reset the trip meter?
It's using average MPG to calculate range. If you just reset the trip meter, your average MPG may be decreasing rapidly (ride a mile and then stop, the zero MPG while you're stopped is dropping the average quickly).

I don't know for sure, but I've seen that behavior on other vehicles. Newer cars use an average over the last 50 miles or so to calculate range, regardless of if you've reset the trip meter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
What year, and how long since you reset the trip meter?
It's using average MPG to calculate range. If you just reset the trip meter, your average MPG may be decreasing rapidly (ride a mile and then stop, the zero MPG while you're stopped is dropping the average quickly).

I don't know for sure, but I've seen that behavior on other vehicles. Newer cars use an average over the last 50 miles or so to calculate range, regardless of if you've reset the trip meter.

·
Registered
191 Posts
1- Is it the RANGE (meaning miles left before empty)
or
2- Is it the MPG (fuel efficiency)

If it's "1" you got a problem
If it's "2" it is normal

Simplifying PilotAlan`s a bit more

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fuel Sensor replaced with Version F. It is a 2 hour job without rushing at all and first time taking off all of the body work.

I had run the tank down to my usual fill up point and was able to just prop the tank up to have the sensor area dry and replace the sensor.

Of all of bolts that had to be removed, the two lower ones on the front side fairings were the only two that had a backing nut that had to be held to loosen the bolt. Spent too much time trying to figure out how to get to the back side and hold the thin nut before deciding that lower tank bolts could be accessed without fully removing these panels.

DSC01408.JPG
DSC01413.JPG DSC01412.JPG

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Sounds like if the float is erratic the mpg and fuel level would be affected

561 - 569 of 569 Posts