Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

501 - 510 of 510 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wanted: Dead or Intermittent Fuel Sensor for Dissecting

Looking for a dead fuel sensor. Need a '13 and up model. I just want to dissect it, possibly repair. My '13 is flakey and I've been on the resistor for a while. Just thought I would try to repair one. I will gladly pay for shipping < $10 - $15> via paypal. Please PM me.
Cheers
Steve W.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking for a dead fuel sensor. Need a '13 and up model. I just want to dissect it, possibly repair. My '13 is flakey and I've been on the resistor for a while. Just thought I would try to repair one. I will gladly pay for shipping < $10 - $15> via paypal. Please PM me.
Cheers
Steve W.
I will be getting mine swapped out but probably not for a month or two. If you haven't found one by then I can send you the old one.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Cheers
Steve W.
Don't throw that resister bypass away, you will be using it again after you repaired the one you are asking for, its the float + the shitty board design, that combo will always be a problem and an ongoing PIA. Sorry no SILVER bullet is available!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been looking at a used 1200S touring, and this fuel sender debacle is disheartening. I have an older air-cooled MTS1000, and everyone complains about the fuel gage on that bike, but at least it sorta works, mostly just giving you a low fuel light when you have a half-tank of fuel left. DNA rep finally said, " well, it's not a low-fuel light, it's a "point-of-no-return" half-way light. See, when the light comes on, you can make it back to your starting point without stopping for gas". And he said it with a straight face.

I'm no engineer, but here's a thought: Why can't some smart creative type: 1. bypass the failed unit to stop all the idiot lights from flashing, and then: 2. come up with some type of simple on/off float switch that uses the existing sender assembly (or at least the base) with just a red idiot light mounted up on the handlebars that would illuminate with say, 1 gal. reserve left? We don't need to know the tanks full, we just need a warning when it's getting close to empty so we don't run out of gas. A simple on/off float activated switch would do the trick. The hard part would be fabrication using the existing sender base so fuel didn't leak all over the place. Fantasy, I suppose. But I've seen electrical engineer types that ride create a lot more complex gadgets on their motorcycles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wanted: Dead or Intermittent Fuel Sensor for Dissecting

Cheers
Steve W.
Please post your findings! Would love to know if these are failing due to sticking floats or if the pcb solder joints are cracking.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
suppose. But I've seen electrical engineer types that ride create a lot more complex gadgets on their motorcycles.
I ALWAYS remember to reset my trip ODO. And then you just need to keep an eye on that. When you hit 180 or so miles, it might be time to get some go-go juice.

·
Registered
170 Posts
X2 on that and bypass the faulty gas gauge...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzz

501 - 510 of 510 Posts