Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so one of my big pet peeves is when some guy starts a thread about my new xxxx, but doesn't put up a single pic. So here's mine! I initially really didn't want a gold sprocket but the bike was down because of this and I couldn't wait any longer. Gold was all anyone could get! Now that it's on, it's really growing on me. The stock silver hub kinda tones it down a bit, and the gold on the chain doesn't even clash. Oh well, here it is...

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Thats awesome Dude!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And a little special story/THANK YOU to go with it....

Since this is my first and only SSSA bike, I don't have the right stand or big ass sockets for the two nuts on either side of the rear wheel yet. Our very own John drove clear across town to bring me his stand and 41mm socket to get this apart!!!

Once we started working on this, we discovered the front sprocket was completely trashed. I can't remember if I mentioned in another thread, but my chain went waaaaay south. It definately took the sprockets with it. (yes, I know, I should have planned on that to begin with). So I told John, let's run out to MotoWheels and grab a front sprocket right quick. He said screw that, I've got a brand new one still in the box at home, you can have it just to get it out of my cabinet!! He was even going to go back and get it for me!! AMAZING. Didn't let him do that though. So I drove over to pick it up which gave me the opportunity to google over the R for a little bit.

THANK YOU John for he help and support. You guys that don't live in & around Sac are missing out!!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's another question on something I've noticed. I don't know if it's a Multi thing or a SSSA thing, but there's as much slack on the top rung of the chain as the bottom. You can even see it in the photo. My other bikes don't look or feel like that. Yes, the chain is adjusted properly and feels and works great. What do you guys think??

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Checked my Hyper which is pretty the same swingarm set-up as the Multi, the bottom appears to have a little more slack than the top but not much more.

Not a fan of gold though I got to say it looks good on the bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very nice indeed. Gold looks hot just as long as you don't overdue it. I saw a monster that went overboard with gold and it looked like it belonged to flava flave.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
The secret is to go to the edge but not over it! You know, the sprocket does tie into the shock spring color. Thanks Jon for the compliments, thats what buddies are for. Thats the least I could do for your help and instruction at the Testastretta workshop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice looking job!

Your bike is so clean I had to go clean mine some more. I think I use too much Lube on the chain and it migrates, and collects dirt. It will never make it to your standards though.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just keep in mind you don't need lots of 'lube' on modern x ring chains. They're sealed. All you need is something to protect the surface from the elements. A VERY light oil is OK but the wax products are much better. Once your lube slings all over the place, that's it. You've lost the battle.

I've never lubed a chain. I always use Amsoil MPHD. It doesn't sling a drop and I get 15,000+ out of chains (this one doesn't count cause I bout it used)

thanks for the compliments. I'm pretty anal but there's nothing I hate worse than a dirty wheel and tire. That by default forces me to have a spotless chain set-up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts