Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks: A late Christmas for my Enduro; Iconic Parts radiator upper and lower screens, front head plate and screen spacers. The jobs went pretty smoothly; I found one missing washer and one missing screw. I guess this is what happens when others work on your bike. I got it new but with Touratech crash bars and panniers and heated grips added so the front end was taken apart to install the bars, likely when the two missing parts went missing.....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hold the phone!

Where did you get those screen spacers? I was riding tonight and determined that is exactly what I need! I didn't think there was such a thing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is step 1 batman137. My only real issue with the bike is the buffeting. I'd read a lot about this and for some people, simply adding the spacers did the trick. As soon as I've tested them I will report back but it's going to be another couple of months before I'm on the road again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is step 1 batman137. My only real issue with the bike is the buffeting. I'd read a lot about this and for some people, simply adding the spacers did the trick. As soon as I've tested them I will report back but it's going to be another couple of months before I'm on the road again.
I have a puig tall screen on my 2015, but it's still not enough. My next step is to try these spacers, or a universal clip on visor.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
These spacers made a huge reduction in buffeting for me!

Reactions: batman137

·
Registered
914 Posts
Can anyone comment on it effectiveness?
I added them to my stock '13 GT screen. It was an improvement, but not a sufficient remedy. I'll be looking for a different solution. There's a massive thread somewhere here with folks' varied successes and failures documented...

·
Registered
85 Posts
The spacers made a big improvement for me. I'd like to find an even better solution but these along with a new helmet have me mostly satisfied. Tried the shorty cal-sci screen but that worked better without the spacers. I'm running the stock screen with these spacers and it's better overall than the cal-sci screen or the Puig touring screen that came with the bike.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The spacers made a big improvement for me. I'd like to find an even better solution but these along with a new helmet have me mostly satisfied. Tried the shorty cal-sci screen but that worked better without the spacers. I'm running the stock screen with these spacers and it's better overall than the cal-sci screen or the Puig touring screen that came with the bike.
Did you try the spacers with the puig touring screen?
What year bike do you have?
How tall are you?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did you try the spacers with the puig touring screen?
What year bike do you have?
How tall are you?
I haven't tried the spacers with the Puig screen, it's a '16 & I'm about 6'1".

The Puig screen didn't let any air get to me, quieter but seemed hotter w/out airflow and it's just so huge.

·
Premium Member
12,448 Posts
Eagle Screens Australia... Made hiss flaps for older Multis
Palmer spacers (England) made screen spacers for older Multis. Not sure they have new versions but lurkers may search them out

·
Registered
85 Posts
Eagle Screens Australia... Made hiss flaps for older Multis
Palmer spacers (England) made screen spacers for older Multis. Not sure they have new versions but lurkers may search them out
Palmer makes spacers for the new model as well. Just installed one on my 2020 1260GT
his flips will these are specific to the early model. Eagle screens do have screens in different sizes for all model years.

·
Premium Member
12,448 Posts
I have helmet and if you have your pumpkin in just the right spot it whistles.
Maybe fab up a spoiler for the helmet? Honestly I didn't notice the buffetting before and after the fixes. Perhaps some riders are just the sensitive type. Ride without any wind screens thru rain on the highways at speed to put things in perspective....
Yeah buffetting is annoying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts