Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Bespoke manufacturer Bimota it would appear is again firing on all cylinders having been rescued from the breakers yard by industrialist Roberto Comini some five years ago. Last year saw 480 bikes shipped to customers and with full order books for this year things are looking good for the company which sees the USA as one of its key markets.

Never a firm to sit back and rest on its laurels, they will launch a new DB7 Streetfighter at this year’s Milan Show in November. Claimed to be more rideable in traffic than the Superbike on which it is based, the firm claim it will not lose on the performance stakes as result of the styling alterations. In fact they claim it will easily out-perform the new Ducati Streetfighter!

While this might be a banker to appear, another machine could be joining it if the go-ahead is given. This will be a Tesi version of the Streetfighter complete with all the features people expect to see with the Tesi moniker!"

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/7/186...Bimota-DB7---Tesi-Streetfighters-Rumored.aspx

A Tesi streetfighter?! Now THAT would be something! :cool:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I would expect a Streetfighter version of the DB7 before one based on the Tesi chassis. That would make more sense, and would have a wider appeal as the Tesi has always played to a very limited audience. On the other hand, one can never tell with Bimota. Dave

·
Registered
87 Posts
Naked DB7 will definitely be first. Bimota's been been playing with it since shortly after the DB7 was tested. Ramping up for production would be simple.

·
Registered
536 Posts
unfortunately bimota doesn't participate at this years eicma.

therefore the rumoured 'streetfighter' and 'streetfighter tesi' isn't obviously a theme for next year...

trying to get an info from the factory...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Bimota's policy since 'rebirth' has been to stay with Ducati power and only Ducati power. I would be quite surprised to see them deviate at this point. Dave

·
Registered
605 Posts
A streetfighter/naked DB7 is most likely and the Biposto Tesi would be a traditional model as Bimota has normally had at least one two seater in its lineup. A Honda 600 engined model? I doubt it. The new company was fairly emphatic that they intended to stay with Ducati power in their models. Plus, going to an inline, transversely mounted four would require a whole new frame or frame type in contrast to the existing models which use the slender Vtwin Ducati motors. If they are going to go 'smaller' as they did in the past for say the Japanese market, I can see using the current Ducati 696 twin spark motors, not an inline four. The last time they used Honda power was back in the era of my HB2, many, many years ago.

OF course, who really knows . . . . Dave

·
Registered
764 Posts
Very soon, a DB7 Naked and a new Tesi Biposto.
After, a new Supersport with a Honda 600 engine.
The "supersport with a Honda 600 engine" is going to be their Moto2 bike with the spec engine. Maybe they will start selling them, for race use only, if their bike turns out to be successful in the championship.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I remain in doubt for the reasons I set out above. Time will prove me right -- or wrong. As always. Dave

·
Registered
134 Posts
The "supersport with a Honda 600 engine" is going to be their Moto2 bike with the spec engine. Maybe they will start selling them, for race use only, if their bike turns out to be successful in the championship.
It will be with the CBR 600 engine.

·
Registered
536 Posts
two new models are pretty fix for next year:

db7 biposto and tesi fighter (with 1100 ccm air-cooled engine)

nothing heard yet about a db7 fighter.

i think the 600cc honda thing will only be a special bike for moto2 but nothing for the road.

·
Registered
536 Posts
did you hear something about the db fighter ?

i was a bit surprised when i've heard that they will use the air cooled engine for the tesi.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts