Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It will be presented in Padova (Italy), the next January.
A DB7 Biposto and a new DB7 with 1198 Ducati Engine, coming soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Some Bimota's were meant to be Mono, The Tesi 3D is one of those, IMO.
My old YB11 was one that looked good as a Biposto.

·
Banned
219 Posts

Two pics, Monoposto and Biposto.
I personally like the original Tesi 3D model. The changes to the design take away from the clean original likes. The new position of the front shock looks like a simple bolt on mod rather than a well thought out change of design. I also like the original under tail exhaust, and do not care for the new double low mufflers as they clutter the rear of the bike rather than allow an openness of the rear swingarm/frame as on the original.

The original design was a mono posto......rather than redesign and/or introduce a different tesi biposto, it looks like the new bike was put together one afternoon by a committee of salesmen rather than well thought out by the original designer of the Tesi 3D. I think BIMOTA could have made the Tesi 3D into a biposto ( but why ????) and do it much better than this.

Is this an official BIMOTA press release picture of the 2010 design, or is it an artists guess of the new design. I hope that this is just an artists conception rather than the true BIMOTA design for another Tesi 3D variation.

If BIMOTA does introduce this as a 2010 Tesi 3D model, I hope that they also keep the original Tesi 3D model as well.

Another thing to consider is that making the Tesi 3D into a 2 up ride would also require adding additional structural components to carry the double weight of a 2nd rider, and this adds weight to the bike, especially in the back half of the bike. I wonder how this and the other changes will alter the feel and handling of the original design??

At least its good that BIMOTA is healthy and expanding its offerings to the public, at least this is a good sign. Unless of course they could not sell the Tesi 3Ds, so they decided to modify them into this biposto design as an attempt to sell the bikes on hand....????

I do look forward to seeing what they do with the other models for 2010......

Happy Holidays :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
It will be presented in Padova (Italy), the next January.
A DB7 Biposto and a new DB7 with 1198 Ducati Engine, coming soon.
Now that sounds very interesting. Do you have any more info about that model,Bimotard? Will it be "standard" or more exclusive one like the 7 oro? (not that the base DB7 isnt exclusive enough)

·
Registered
605 Posts
I personally like the original Tesi 3D model. The changes to the design take away from the clean original likes. The new position of the front shock looks like a simple bolt on mod rather than a well thought out change of design. I also like the original under tail exhaust, and do not care for the new double low mufflers as they clutter the rear of the bike rather than allow an openness of the rear swingarm/frame as on the original.****

If BIMOTA does introduce this as a 2010 Tesi 3D model, I hope that they also keep the original Tesi 3D model as well.

Another thing to consider is that making the Tesi 3D into a 2 up ride would also require adding additional structural components to carry the double weight of a 2nd rider, and this adds weight to the bike, especially in the back half of the bike. I wonder how this and the other changes will alter the feel and handling of the original design??

At least its good that BIMOTA is healthy and expanding its offerings to the public, at least this is a good sign. Unless of course they could not sell the Tesi 3Ds, so they decided to modify them into this biposto design as an attempt to sell the bikes on hand....????

I do look forward to seeing what they do with the other models for 2010......

Happy Holidays :)
As owner of #03 of the original 10 3Ds, I would agree. The original front shock is visually more elegant and the high pipes fit the overall design better (although the original mufflers left a bit to be desired and the twin Zard cans now fitted improve both looks and sound.) Change for the purpose of change is not necessarily an improvement. Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts