Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ha Ha tamper proof paint that's priceless.
It's from a paint marker to show the bolts have been re-checked for tension.
If your dealer is any good there should be some more after the first service.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Some people who work at shops just make shit up I think: "If you don't know the answer... wing it..."

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,209 Posts
I think what he meant by tamper proof is that it will show evidence of being moved if someone puts a wrench on it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not a fan of how it looks on bike, how does it come off? Or do you most just leave it on there

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not a fan of how it looks on bike, how does it come off? Or do you most just leave it on there
In the grand scheme of "things I don't care about with my Multi", the torque markings are pretty much at the top of the list.

Uneven plastics gaps tend to drive my CDO nuts, but even that I've made peace with :D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Have some yellow paint on some bolts on the new 1260. The dealer said it was tamper proof paint and not to be removed. Anyone else have this?
Beware! Adjusting your handlebars voids your warranty. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Idiots,
t_bare

Reactions: complexCarlo

·
Registered
336 Posts
These is just paint for the line workers to easily verify bolts have been tightened. Typically dealers remove the marks that are easily accessible so the owner doesn’t have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I always repaint them again after maintenance. Also it is good indication if any bolt begins to unscrew you will see line is not matching.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ha Ha tamper proof paint that's priceless.
It's from a paint marker to show the bolts have been re-checked for tension.
If your dealer is any good there should be some more after the first service.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I agree. The markings are (supposed to be) a re-check also used widely in automotive manufacturing.

Funny side bar story... One plant that I worked in had a new plant manager assigned. He threw a fit when he saw the amount of money the plant was spending on pain markers!!:surprise:

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I always repaint them again after maintenance. Also it is good indication if any bolt begins to unscrew you will see line is not matching.

I didn't repaint them but for items like chain adjustment I kept an eye on them to see if they retorqued to the same position (they were close).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts