Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50 miles and the fuel warning light came on. Unless the bike has a 1 gallon tank, there is an electrical gremlin. I ignored it assuming I'll have it tended to with the first service. Now I'm at 150 miles and there is oil on the garage floor from the bike. Guess I won't make it to 600 miles for the first service :-(

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
How far away is your dealer? Sounds like they should come pick it up to take it back to the shop and have a looksy. Hope the issues are minor (which am sure they are) and you're back on the road lickety-split.

·
Premium Member
12,402 Posts
BE NICE to the dealer and let them know that it should be a Priority #1 ,You will wait there till it's fixed ... Call first and let them know when to expect you..
Go to the Top Person if you don't get priority treatment ,Accept no level of runaround!
It should have been perfect when you picked it up...Give them the oportunity to make it right.
Hope it is something easily fixed .

Where is the leak at? PICTURES?
How bad is it, a drop a puddle seepage ? Maybe just a loose fitting ?A quick fix tighten a fitting and ride to the dealer to save them a hassle and let them assure all is OK and they reflash the system to get the warning light fixed and you are on your way ,Work With them on it ond it will pay dividens later on ...Just trying to help at this could be easy fix ,we hope Good luck.

·
Registered
758 Posts
When I picked up my bike brand new from the dealer, I made it only like two blocks when the low fuel light came on. I thought to myself, "what cheap bastards, won't even give you a full tank with a brand new bike". Went to the gas station and it WAS full. Turns out it was a faulty sensor attached to the pump inside your fuel tank. Warranty fix of course, but it took months to get the part. Certainly ruined the joy of having a new toy.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
You know my new GT just did the same thing last weekend on the way home from picking it up. Talked to the service guys and he said " I have seen some of these with the wire connectors loose" He popped off my seat, double checked all of the connectors under there by pushing them together, and presto, problem fixed.

Try it, what’s there to lose?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
My fuel warning light doesn't come on at all.

Ran out in town on the way home one night a few weeks back but no big deal. Just have to keep an eye on the tripmeter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts