Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

my battery on my bike dosent work anymore so i have to buy a new one. i wonder what will you recomend? My old battery was a lithium battery from ultrabatt. I am not so happy with this brand, so would like to try a new brand of the battery. I've heard that Shorai batteries will be good? Is that right? Welcomes recommendations

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hello

my battery on my bike dosent work anymore so i have to buy a new one. i wonder what will you recomend? My old battery was a lithium battery from ultrabatt. I am not so happy with this brand, so would like to try a new brand of the battery. I've heard that Shorai batteries will be good? Is that right? Welcomes recommendations
Shorai...

RC

·
Registered
16,908 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
You don't need the actual Shorai battery charger, you can use a lithium specific Battery Tender. I've never hooked up the Shorai charger, but in the store it looked like you would need to have the fairing off to the the charger hooked up to the battery. I could be wrong, but it looked like it plugged in perpendicularly to the side of the battery.

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
The Shorai charger has a dedicated connector cable that plugs into the battery at one end and on the other end has a connector with a weather proof cap for the charger to connect to. You can connect it permanently and mount it to your bike that same way you do with the standard battery tender type pigtails. I have mounted one permanently on my ST.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Alien Motion XP8. I deal with them and those batteries are real stout and affordable. Just use the correct lithium charger and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have a Shorai on my 999r and two other bikes. Works w/o any problems. The 999R sits for up to 2 months w/o any problems. I don't use a charger but make sure that the voltage is above 12.5V before I unplug it for the winter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Shorai on my 999r and two other bikes. Works w/o any problems. The 999R sits for up to 2 months w/o any problems. I don't use a charger but make sure that the voltage is above 12.5V before I unplug it for the winter.
Thank you for a lot of good answers. I will probably try me on a shorai battery. this seems like a good battery and a charger.

Read here that many are struggling with the battery being discharged when it is in the bike over a prolonged period. what is the reason for this happening? Is there anything Ducati has struggled with the 999?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The newer bikes, incl the 999, have a ecu with a immortalizer, which pulls a small amount of current when turned off.
Hence, if you let your bike sit too long it will drain any battery, which is bad regardless of type.
However, it really hurts the LiFe batteries.
Easy fix, before you store the bike for a prolonged period just disconnect it, as long it's above 12.5V.
If lower, just charge it for a COUPLE of hours.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Lol!! Fat fingers and auto correct is always good for a laugh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts