Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heated grips are up, along with an accessory windscreen. Has anyone found a pic of the screen floating around yet, mounted to the bike? It looks like it'll mount to the instrument cover.

This is going to be my one bike for the next 3-5 years until the baby gets older, at which point the V4 Multi will be a serious option.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I’m pretty bummed after seeing this. Heated grips are something I want riding in New York. Guess I’ll have to dish out the $$ in the fall. The lack of a rear cowl and carbon fenders is killing me too.

·
Bon Vivant
10,492 Posts
They do seem to be skimping on this bike while an S1000R has all the same electronic goodies and cruise and heated grips and the new superduke is looking pretty sweat too for about 4K less.
I dont know, I think you have to want this thing pretty bad and aside from the new V4 I'm not seeing the value proposition.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree. My brother has a 2017 super duke r, so I’ve gotten some time on it and it’s great. With all the positive reviews popping up this week on the new super duke I am interested for sure. But I think you are right about just wanting the sfv4. I have a 748 and a hyper 1100 and haven’t bought a new bike since 09. I have the Ducati bug and was never really into the Ktm styling. So I guess im stuck paying Ducati’s price.

I am really itching for the journalists to get their test rides...

·
Registered
93 Posts
the Superduke looks like an awesome bike. But if you consider that you have to pay extra for the "track pack" which literately just turns the quick shifter/blipper on, and some other electronics its a bit off putting. Why charge for things that are already on the bike but locked behind a software wall?

Also from what I have heard, if you buy the full akra system for it, with their up map it disables the headlight, brake lights and indicators so you can't use it on the road.....

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about to be selling my 2019 SuperDuke for the V4SF. Its got all the options and extras. The SDR will be a better street bike 100%. But my heart lusts after the Streetfighter.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m pretty bummed after seeing this. Heated grips are something I want riding in New York. Guess I’ll have to dish out the $$ in the fall. The lack of a rear cowl and carbon fenders is killing me too.
They do seem to be skimping on this bike while an S1000R has all the same electronic goodies and cruise and heated grips and the new superduke is looking pretty sweat too for about 4K less.
I dont know, I think you have to want this thing pretty bad and aside from the new V4 I'm not seeing the value proposition.

Heated grips are available, they're a must for me in the mountains as well. Cowl should be standard on the S along with fenders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts