Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So for my entire life I've always wanted to own a Duc. I couldn't decide between a 998 or an 848 since I'm a recent college grad and had a budget of roughly 6k. Looks of the 916/996/998 are timeless, but the 848 is a reliable powerhouse that looks as good today as it did at release. I was going through my local classifieds and came across an '09 848 for sale only 30 min from my house. Went over to meet the seller with cash in hand, took the bike for a quick 15 min ride, and absolutely fell in love with it. It's red with roughly 14.5k miles, so up first is servicing and getting those valves checked. Also just purchased LED headlight bulbs & running lights to give the bike a cleaner look, and a security system as well. Next up are some socks for the reservoirs, cover, sliders all around, and a solo seat cowl. It's a stock bike at the moment, so I'm gonna save up for some Termi slip-ons and get that trademark sound :nerd:

Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome! Biased, as an 848 owner, but you've picked an awesome bike. Great engine for the road, sporty but not too uncomfortable for long rides. I agree the 916/996/998 style bikes are more iconic, but for me the 848 is a perfect mix of a more modern version of the styling, enough power, minimal electronics, and ease of maintenance. Enjoy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! Biased, as an 848 owner, but you've picked an awesome bike. Great engine for the road, sporty but not too uncomfortable for long rides. I agree the 916/996/998 style bikes are more iconic, but for me the 848 is a perfect mix of a more modern version of the styling, enough power, minimal electronics, and ease of maintenance. Enjoy!
That was pretty much exactly my thought process. Less maintenance, reliable power plant, modern styling, and coming from a vintage Yamaha enough power for me and how I want to ride it on the street. Now to just get more time in the saddle

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts