Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding the day & kicked down a gear & it got stuck between gears, i couldn't get it out! took about 10 min of kicking to get it back in gear! whats the problem? only 600mi on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Know how to ride a bike!, this thing was stuck all the way down to what felt like about 1" passed where 1st gear should be!, i had to pull over & roll & kick the gear from the bottom up to get it into what seemed to be 1st!, im not crazy it should have not had happen, there was about 10 other guys there with me trying to get it back into a gear.

and when it was stuck i tried to start again & when i released the clutch it sounded like a loose chane was making all sorts of noises.

after we kicked it out it felt fine?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
848-1098 models are known to have issues with the shift return spring inside the case.you dealer will fix under warranty.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A. Quit "kicking" your bike.
B. This is what your warranty is for.
C. Likely the spring on the shift mechanism - easily fixed.
D. Stop kicking your bike!!!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
This just happened to my 748. No idea why...it was fine when I parked it and now it's stuck. Gonna look it over...

·
Registered
387 Posts
I Know how to ride a bike!, this thing was stuck all the way down to what felt like about 1" passed where 1st gear should be!, i had to pull over & roll & kick the gear from the bottom up to get it into what seemed to be 1st!, im not crazy it should have not had happen, there was about 10 other guys there with me trying to get it back into a gear.

and when it was stuck i tried to start again & when i released the clutch it sounded like a loose chane was making all sorts of noises.

after we kicked it out it felt fine?
Didn't mean to offend!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"KICKING" The shift lever, but this felt more then a spring, i mean i tried pulling the shifter up with my hand & it would not move at all! took a while of rocking the bike up & down & kick the lever up from the floor.

wierd.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
"KICKING" The shift lever, but this felt more then a spring, i mean i tried pulling the shifter up with my hand & it would not move at all! took a while of rocking the bike up & down & kick the lever up from the floor.

wierd.
What??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts