Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently sold my Ninja 250 bought a used M695. i got it with 3,400 miles and now it has 6,200

The previous owner did her own mods and now I'm working on some of my own now.

1) i've ordered the oil cooler and intend to do this installation myself. even with the termi exhausts i find the temps ranging from 220 to 240. sometimes higher if i am sitting in city traffic.

2) the bike had the tail chop done to it. personally i would like to put the tail back on as i think aesthetically it will look better with the high mount termis that came with the bike. a local dealer suggested i find a chopped subrame tail piece and weld it back on. does any who did their tail chop have the piece laying around. if so , are you willing to part with it? or does anyone have any other suggestions?

3) the bike has stock sprockets. i have finally gotten a feel for the clutch and throttle for smooth take offs and shifting but i am interested in changing the sprocket(s). most posts suggest dropping to 14T in the front but local dealer suggests keeping the 15T front and adding 2T to the rear sprocket. What are the pros and cons of changing either or?

i plan on changing the chain as well when doing the sprockets.

4) rear Tire tread is getting shallow. i think i can make it until the 7,500 service. any suggestions on tires? i commute 100 miles a day(highway) usually 3 or 4 days a week and try to hit the twisties once or twice on weekends.

thanks in advance for your opinions and help.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Chain & Sprockets

I have a 696 which I just changed the sprocket on. Being as the bike has only 1K miles on it and the chain and rear sprocket have very little wear I changed the front sprocket to a 14 tooth to same some money. If it were time for a complete sprocket and chain change I would have gone for the larger rear sprocket.
Changing to a smaller front sprocket will cause the chain to run closer to the swingarm, but according to my dealer not a real problem. Being as you are going to replace everything anyway I would go with the larger rear sprocket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts