Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a gently used MTS that had been sitting on the showroom floor of one of our local Ducati dealers in Anchorage for over a year. The owner finally let them drop the price to $12.5K and I jumped on it as the timing was perfect. It's by far the biggest bike I've owned, and the second largest displacement I've ever ridden.

Bought her without a test ride, but I did a ton of research and thought it would be perfect for what I wanted out of a bike. I wanted to be able to do long distance trips including on gravel roads, of which we have many, but still have good pavement performance. So far I couldn't be happier, even though I've only put around 250 miles since picking her up a week ago.

It's already set up mostly how I'd do it, so I shouldn't have to dump a ton of money on aftermarket parts the way I've done to my other bikes. Ducati top case and panniers, ADV Rider crash bars/sliders, rad guard & header guard, full Termi exhaust are the major ones. It came with new TKC's on it, so over the winter I'll have those changed out, since I do mostly ride pavement, and I'll add the SW Motech centerstand. That and a SV Racing side lift stand should be all I need to start with. Of course joining bike specific forums always leads to way more mods, and money leaving my pocket, than I intended. I've already had to tell the devil on my shoulder to screw off a few times after browsing the Multi forum.

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms! We are super happy to have you here. :)

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts