Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some of the first pic's strait from the 2011 EICMA Milan motorcycle show of the new 2012 Multistrada. That new titanium color is really looking better and better every time I see it. Not to mention the new seat looks very comfy.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ofcourse the big news at Milan this year was the unveiling of the new 1199 superbike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The centerstand on that MTS still looks gigantic? I thought they fixed that.

What's the diffrence in the seat? It's not just a touringseat they put on?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the diffrence in the seat? It's not just a touringseat they put on?
All 2012 models will have a revised, comfort-enhanced rider’s seat with an increased front and rear length.

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
That's interesting about the seat ..... I thought it was one of those things that didn't need improvement.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
the seat doesn't look any different, I guess I'll have to wait for the motorcycle show to test sit to see if there's really a better butt fit.

after 20,000+ miles on mine, the seat is pretty good, not great, but pretty good. I would like to sit further back by a couple inches, but the tiered seating makes that impossible. I wish they made a replacement pillion that was a small storage box instead of a seat like the police bikes have.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re the seat length, I have a 2012 bike with the new seat, the profile is exactly the same as 2011, the length of the pillion seat is about an inch shorter now and the riders seat is the same length, now the 2 grommets in the rider seat are upholstered over and the pillion seat fixes with a centre catch, hope that makes sense

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Re the seat length, I have a 2012 bike with the new seat, the profile is exactly the same as 2011, the length of the pillion seat is about an inch shorter now and the riders seat is the same length, now the 2 grommets in the rider seat are upholstered over and the pillion seat fixes with a centre catch, hope that makes sense
Other than the Pikes Peak ( which has a different seat of its own) I didn't know the 2012 are in the show room now??? You compared yours side by side to a 2011??? How about some pic's of your new 2012?

·
Registered
135 Posts
My bike is 2 weeks old and is a MY12, I also have a pikes peak rider seat and when that is on half of the 2 grommets are showing, will try get some pics posted

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
This new Titanium color may well be the ultimate color choice in the entire color spectrum range as to being the most invisible of all colors to the naked eye when seen from a distance.

If I was given the challenge of coming up with a color that no one else could see or identify from a distance: I would never think of this color.

Ducati did.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when the color people were coming up with this choice. Name another color that you will never see from a distance. Glass? How would you color glass?

Even UPS brown would not fit that description.

Dan

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My bike is 2 weeks old and is a MY12, I also have a pikes peak rider seat and when that is on half of the 2 grommets are showing, will try get some pics posted
I received your pic's thanks. I'm just trying to figure out which seat is which. :confused:

·
Registered
404 Posts
the new seat setup sounds like exactly what i want: less encroachment by the pillion seat.

but i wonder if there's a new latch mechanism involved that would prohibit using these seats on the older bikes?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts