Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Brand new member, first time poster. Thinking about making the move to Ducati after owning several other bikes over the years.

I love the looks of the Sport Classic, and have been obsessed with finding one for the past few months. Have had some luck finding a few used 06 and 07 models, but haven't yet picked one up.

Recently, I found a dealer that has a new 2008 Black Biposto for sale.

I was wondering if any of you all had thoughts on what a fair price for the bike would be, considering it's 1 MY old at this point. I've just started speaking with them, but have no idea what a typical discount from a dealer would be on a bike like this.

If you were me, what deal would you consider to be appropriate? FYI, sticker is $11.5K.

Thanks in advance! Hope to be joining you soon as an owner, not just a lurker!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not for a 2008!

However, paying 11.5K USD for a 2009 is appropriate off-the-line. Then again, it depends on the dealer. Some dealers will not negotiate prices.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not for a 2008!

However, paying 11.5K USD for a 2009 is appropriate off-the-line. Then again, it depends on the dealer. Some dealers will not negotiate prices.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. $11.5K is the sticker price. I'm sure I can get them down from that price, I'm just trying to understand how low I should realistically aim for. $10K? $9K?

Thanks again

·
Registered
845 Posts
local '08 gt is marked at $10,500 at my dealer. id push for 10k out the door.

i got my 749 new for 10k, so anything's possible.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
As of one hour ago, they have at least three 2008 sport classics (two in black) at the Ducati dealer in Sunnyvale, CA. As I recall, they were all marked at a "clearance discount" at $9,995 or thereabouts.

·
Registered
150 Posts
cDiddy, I bought a 2008 black Biposto from a Denver dealer just 4 weeks ago. Send me a PM, and we can discuss.

Bolder

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for your replies. Starting to get a feel of where I should be on price.

Will keep you all posted.

Bolder, I sent you a PM.

Thanks,

C

·
Registered
59 Posts
FWIW I got a brand new 2006 Sport 1000 mono out the door of a dealership for about 7.3K. There are always deals out there...you just have to look hard enough.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Having a year old bike sitting on display at the dealer's is no good for them. Dealers prefer to have newer stock. They'll probably give you a great deal.
I got my 07 Biposto in 08, for a bit over 10K...
it's a great bike and worth every penny...
good luck!!

~k

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks all for your replies. Starting to get a feel of where I should be on price.

Will keep you all posted.

Bolder, I sent you a PM.

Thanks,

C
Not sure if you are still looking but thought that you might be interested to know that Foothills BMW has a stock PS for $9,800. I have bought from these guys before and they are good to deal with.

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
FWIW, I bought an '07 biposto this time last year (so, a year old bike in July) for $9,000 flat out the door from a dealer that had a few leftover SC's on display.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I tried to buy a 'demo' 08 SC1Ks from Bogarts in Birmingham, AL back in the spring - retailed for $12,995 ... they were going to LET me have it for $12,750. Told them to suck it and went to Sport Touring in South Carolina. If you're on this side of the world, that's who I would start with - high marks on all accounts!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yea, I tried dealing with Bogarts when I was in the process of moving from Germany to Hawaii (I am originally from Huntsville) and let's just say they were slightly less than helpful.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hmm, take a good careful look at it before you buy it - the headers on that bike are metal colored, going go black stock slipons. I haven't seen a stock bike like that - I've only seen stock headers that were black. I think you might see some miles on the odo – looks like the bike had pipes put on it, and was then turned almost back to stock. -- It looks like. --

Nothing wrong with that, but it could help you nudge the price a bit lower.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought a Demo GT, 2007

This past May with 600 miles the bike was sold as new. Full 2 yr warranty etc. For $8200, $8700 out the door, plates, tax, etc. I'd love to have a new PS bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for everyone's input.

I ended up getting a new 2008 SC1000 in Black, from an in-state dealer, for right around $9K + tax, and a free 2 year warranty extension. Seemed like a fair price to me, so I was happy to take it off their hands!

So, thanks again for your help. Now I have a lot more learning to do about these bikes. After a couple of quick rides, I'm really amazed at the power and performance she has. Already loving it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Different bike, but for reference, I bought an 08 SC 1000S leftover back in May for $11,400. It was stock but for the lowers, which I believe cost somewhere around $750 retail.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts