Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 1299s
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just purchased a 2016 1299s with 6k miles. Paid a little more than I wanted but had everything done to it already. I've owned many Japanese sport bikes over the years but have always admired the Italian bikes. Looking forward to doing many mountain rides and maintenance.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Welcome. Good intro. Spend some time researching. We are a helpful bunch. Best wishes.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Have fun. It is a beast on the top end!

Have you had all the children you plan to father? Because once summer hits and you are stuck in traffic, the heat on your legs will be unbearable.
Yuh .... roasted nuts ...... uh heheh ... heheh ... uh huh huh heheh ..... nuts .... heheh

(shut up ass munch) .... heheh .... uh huhuh (and stop hogin' all the nachos fartknocker!).

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Welcome to the forum winmag
I'd be curious to hear your impressions about your 1299, especially engine/power wise.
What were some of your recent bikes that you had before coming to the 1299?
When you have a spare minute, post up a pic or two of your new ride

·
Registered
2016 1299s
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum winmag
I'd be curious to hear your impressions about your 1299, especially engine/power wise.
What were some of your recent bikes that you had before coming to the 1299?
When you have a spare minute, post up a pic or two of your new ride
First impression, "WOW!"
Serious pull above 3,500rpm.
Sucks in town with traffic.
The bike is many times more capable than my ability.
I bought it because I've always loved the Ducati's going back to when I purchased my first new sportbike in 1992. Since owning a classic Ferrari probably won't be something I achieve in this lifetime, the next best thing in my opinion is to own a huge twin Italian bike that is a work of art.
You're going to laugh at my fleet of bikes I currently ride.
1980 GS1000E
1981 CX500
1982 GS1100G
1982 GS1100E
1989 K100
I've got the 1299 parked in the living room.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts