Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. Really like the Monster. Got it yesterday. 16 hours of driving for a used bike, cycletrader find... '16 model bought in '17, 2k miles, pristine shape. SC Project carbon slip on and a tail tidy. First real drive today. Have a 1098S for comparison. Much smoother down low. 1098 wants to buck u off under 4k. 2500 rpm cruising no problem on the M. Less heat, no tail pipes under your ass. A lot quieter. A lot more low and mid range torque. Brakes are ridiculous. Steering is more effortless and faster. Much better riding position. Very happy I got it. Had no idea it would be so much different than the 1098. The only downsides ive noticed is it doesn't have the top end of the 1098 but doesn't matter to me, seems like it heats up quick after cranking, 90 outside and was at 180 in just a few min, cools quick when driving, 150-160. No hat storage between the windshield and gauges lol. All i really want now is a phone holder and a small place for storage, wallet-pocket crap-hat-etc... Any suggestions for both?

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,823 Posts
For the hat, I see a lot of guys just fasten the adjustement strab through a belt loop. For a phone holder you could look at a Ram Xgrip or something similar on the bars. If you really want to get crazy, maybe get one of those fancy tank bags that mount to the gas cap ring.

Congrats on your new bike!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Just picked one up myself. Very smooth compared to the 1098 power plant.

Yes the ram mount good. I’ve used one for many years. But for more stuff maybe a small tank bag. I like them a lot for commuting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Reactions: don2ddg
1 - 5 of 5 Posts