Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1198 Friday and have been riding it everyday! I went from a 02 CBR f4i to my new Ducati!! All I can say is wow!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

They are hard to compare, such different bikes. The honda is more for around town for sure you get to use all the gears.

The 1198 has a lot more power but you never really have to get out of 3rd around town. It's an adjustment for sure but a really fun one. I look forward to putting ona few thousand miles this summer to see what it can do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice welcome to the 1198 fam... I love the bike but I didn't upgrade quite as fast as you.. hahaha went from my r1 (which i still love) to my 1198... haha the power difference you feel much be 'fun'omenal. Its like going from driving a shopping cart to a indy car... hahaha but ya welcome and congrats.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Huge upgrade! Welcome to the club, now be prepared to spend the same amount in upgrades that you spent on the beauty! LOL Being a Ducatisti is an expensive lifestyle. I would ditch those mirrors and get a left side CRG lane splitter mirror, if that was my bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
+1, welcome.

It's hard not to ride it -every- day. I know. I'm rehabbing from shoulder surgery 6/18, but got my 1st saddle time since surgery today (goint to P/T). It was short, but man it felt good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
congratz-) enjoy in good health:cool:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Huge upgrade! Welcome to the club, now be prepared to spend the same amount in upgrades that you spent on the beauty! LOL Being a Ducatisti is an expensive lifestyle. I would ditch those mirrors and get a left side CRG lane splitter mirror, if that was my bike.
Yah you just want to pet those stockers and say nice doggie, eh?

I agree, great mod, left side barend, I see 10x as much with one than with both Duck mirrors...and the people behind me don't think I'm smelling my armpits when I check my mirrors now!

ps congrats man!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Don´t mean to offend anyone, but personally i prefer the stock mirror look over the bar end mirror look (on pretty much every modern bike).
Imo bar ends only look good on retro bikes, but to each his own ofc :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts