Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

My wife is taking delivery of a barely used red m1100s, hope you can help me with a few questions--I am the family mechanic and as you see from my signature, this is our first SSSA bike (single sided swing arm bike)

I would imagine that all of these questions have been answered before, but I checked and don't feel like I found the complete answers. Don't blaze me too hard Please :)

Is there a better mirror that looks decent? while I was riding the bike we are buying, the right mirror actually hit my forearm, I see that it is a left hand thread, but is there a better asnwer to these subpar mirrors?

Two, where is the best place to find a quality spanner for the rear wheel adjustment, two and a half, I use ptibull stands, is their sssa stand also the best going? two and 3/4, who has a good quality socket for that rear wheel?

Three: Actually, that is it for now, we take delivery tomorrow!

Thanks for all the advice and future flames!

mark

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought a socket set of 3/4" drive from Harbor Freight with sizes ranging from 20 or so up through 50mm for $50 I think it was? Good quality.

The rear nuts are 41 and 46 respectively.

I use CRG bar-end mirrors on my 1100.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I use the CRG lane splitters on my 696, love them to death. No vibration transfer, look 10 times better than stock, and they fold in to accommodate those sometimes tight situations. The only different thing about them is that you have to slightly turn your head to see, which I find to be no problem now that I am used to them. Have Fun!!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of CRG's for the mirrors and it looks like there will be yet another pitbull stand in the crowded garage. I did have one more question, is there a good reasonably priced fender eliminator that works well with this bike? (One that will work with a termi full system)

Thanks again,

mark

·
Registered
180 Posts
http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PBMSA&Product_Code=F0005-000&Category_Code=one_armed_rear_stands
This is the stand I bought, looks a few bucks cheaper than the other one. I kept the stock mirrors as mine seem to be fine. My 696 had issues with the left mirror becoming loose and it wasn't the threads but something else. My concern with bar end mirrors is the width because its a tight space to get into my back yard where my garage is. In 4000 km I've only had to adjust the chain once but I wouldn't mind locating a spanner for that and the rear shock.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of CRG's for the mirrors and it looks like there will be yet another pitbull stand in the crowded garage. I did have one more question, is there a good reasonably priced fender eliminator that works well with this bike? (One that will work with a termi full system)

Thanks again,

mark
I'm currently using the rizoma fender eliminator and it works great.
http://www.desmoworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=401_402&products_id=470

Others have found the R&G tail tidy to be nice
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Ducati/Monster_1100/2009/LP0076BK.aspx

And there is always the Ducati Performance fender ~$249

1 - 7 of 7 Posts