Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a So. Cal dealer today, and they had several 1100 bikes, with $11,995 list + freight of around $1,300 and + dealer prep of about $1,300 or so. My question is, what's the real best price the bikes go for? Are the dealers at least knocking off the prep and / or freight? Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I stopped by a So. Cal dealer today, and they had several 1100 bikes, with $11,995 list + freight of around $1,300 and + dealer prep of about $1,300 or so. My question is, what's the real best price the bikes go for? Are the dealers at least knocking off the prep and / or freight? Thanks.
+1 I'd like to know this to as I am possibly in the market for a monster. 11,995 +1,300 +1,300? That sure seems like a STEEP mark up! What would be an equitable amount to pay out the door?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fuck dealer prep fee's. I've never paid that crap. Tell them I'll go somewhere else if you don't scratch that of the bill. That's extra bullshit they tack on. and 1300? That's outrageous. 400-600 is usually the standard.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Does OTD include tax and license?
Out The Door, everything, final price.

Originally Posted by danaid
Modesto Ducati is selling 1100S for $14000 OTD. Only haggle for OTD prices.

So it seems MSRP OTD is a fair deal?

When the demand isn't high and supplys not low, like the new Streetfighter, MSRP OTD is a good starting point on a new bike.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
$2600 seems a tad much for freight and prep. :EEk:

We charge only what Ducati charges for shipping, $350, that's it. The prep is only what my service charges me, at $197.50, totalling $547.50. You can't get away with the Uncle Sam part though.

Realistically, an M1100S is a different machine than the StreetFighter, with different people desiring them. There is a select few that will opt for either, though I have found there are very dedicated owners respect to the configuration, so I can't see the arguement of one model hurting the other.

As far as $14,000 OTD for an S, that sounds like a smoking deal and if a dealer is willing to do it, go for it. You won't see lower than that, IMHO.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is it bad form to mention the price the dealer is giving you? I like my dealership and I dont' want to piss them off.

I will tell you that when I get my monster this weekend it's $12,201 OTD

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is it bad form to mention the price the dealer is giving you? I like my dealership and I dont' want to piss them off.

I will tell you that when I get my monster this weekend it's $12,201 OTD
If you are referring to my post, This is their price for everyone. I guess i'm helping them by spreading the word.
This Dealership has taken care of me and all their customers and their only sales person (family ran) told me once they make little on the bikes, but mostly on parts and accessories, and their performance shop work.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you are referring to my post, This is their price for everyone. I guess i'm helping them by spreading the word.
This Dealership has taken care of me and all their customers and their only sales person (family ran) told me once they make little on the bikes, but mostly on parts and accessories, and their performance shop work.
Not your post danaid just my post. I've known the manager at my dealership for a while and I think they are giving me a better deal than most. Not sure by how much, but I wouldn't want to put them in a squeeze.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who's the lowest price dealer in So. Cal.? Could it be worth the drive to go to Modesto?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Who's the lowest price dealer in So. Cal.? Could it be worth the drive to go to Modesto?
While getting service in modesto, there where people from the bay area buying bikes. I'm in Fresno and local Ducati dealer is a joke, I drive an hour to modesto for proper service.
I don't know about so. cal. but cash and/or pre-approved financing works wonders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts