Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after saying i was proud my SFS did 100k km without any problems, a few rides later i was cruising at 60mph then the engine and dash shuts off. Only things remaining operationnal was the LED front lights and the tail light.

Towed the bike home and the key/on fuse was blown.

I used an ohmeter on the circuit and found when i was pulling or pushing on the block fuse i was getting a short circuit. So time to un-tape the harness.

Found the short at the left of the battery (red arrow on the picture). There was also 2 places that was not shorted but were close to give problems, each on the sub harness from the ecu plugs (yellow arrows).

So if you have some mileage on your sf i suggest you take a look in these spots.

And never say your bike is reliable

Auto part Engine Machine Vehicle Pipe Cable management Electrical wiring Wire Electronics Technology Wire Electrical wiring Cable Technology Networking cables Pink Close-up Finger Material property Nail Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Engine Water Auto part Tire Hand Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Well after saying i was proud my SFS did 100k km without any problems, a few rides later i was cruising at 60mph then the engine and dash shuts off. ... And never say your bike is reliable
Too funny how life works like that. Glad you go it sorted. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Good work on the troubleshooting and thanks for posting. Looks like somebody cleaned up the harness routing in there before. That corrugated loom isn't stock - did you add it?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good work on the troubleshooting and thanks for posting. Looks like somebody cleaned up the harness routing in there before. That corrugated loom isn't stock - did you add it?
Yes i added the corrugated plastic.

Never cleaned anything before in the harness, just the servo for the exhaust valve that is removed.

I didn't took a "before" picture but it was like anybody else SF :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts